• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

how to modify 69 Roadrunner headlight bezels to be 69 GTX headlight bezels

resq302

Reaction score
I remember someone saying to me that if you cut a piece off of the 69 Roadrunner headlight bezels they will then fit on a 69 GTX. Does anyone know the process to do this or which area to cut? I have access to a pair of freshly restored and reanodized 69 Roadrunner headlight bezels but want to make sure I do it right the first time.

Thanks,

Brian

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
I thought I scored a nice set of road runner bezels with the argent finish a couple years ago at The Nats. was really pleased with myself finding a set that matched my grill....untill I met up with Ray and Tam and he proceeded to show me I had gotten one GTX bezel......the vertical area close to the grill is open on the GTX bezel.

SomeoneElsesGrill.jpg

resq302

Reaction score
yes, that is the area I was talking about. On the Roadrunners, I think that area goes in towards the grille more and was wondering if that could be trimmed off to make it fit a GTX?

droptop

Reaction score
Yes, you can use a small cut off wheel and trim the excess off to make them work on a GTX, but it wouldn't be back to factory specs....:lol: I did have a pic of the 2 bezels side by side, but can't find it now. Here is a RR set that shows the thick lip that needs to be trimmed off.

mopp_0509_02_z+1969_plymouth_satellite+goodmarks_grille.jpg

mopp_0509_02_z+1969_plymouth_satellite+goodmarks_grille.jpg

resq302

Reaction score
Yes, that was the lip that I was talking about. This set would work for now till I can get the original set stripped and have them reannodized like they were originally to make them look new. Dad was satisfied with how they looked initially but now that we have some extra cash, we are going back over the car and improving what we can to better the quality of the car.

Back