• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hub Caps

TOMRR

Reaction score
Does any one have a picture of the exact Hub Cap that was used on a 69RR with steel wheels.

Going to Carlisle and would like to try and find a nice set.

Thanks Tom C.

TOMRR

Reaction score
hc689.jpg

I found these on Year One A lot of $$$$$ Are they Correct ?? Was hoping to fine a good used set

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
I think your in need of some wheel well trim or something :jester: Any guess as to when you are going to dig into that project?

RoadRunnerJD

Reaction score
We've discussed this before but just to clarify for those who don't know. Those may have come on the car but they are very unusual on a RoadRunner. The Satellite wheel covers are not the standard full size hubcaps on a 69 RoadRunner. The Sport hubcaps (attached) are standard.

image.jpg

Last edited:

SgtLee511

Reaction score
A Different Cap

These are the caps that were on my bird, it was a one owner car, it had body colored wheels. I still like the cap in JD's picture better, but this one may be rarer to find on a RR. I saw a couple of sets of these on EBAY recently that were mint. I have four that JD is showing the pic of that are in pretty good shape I would let go of if you don't find a full set.

sRRCap-l500.jpg

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
These are the caps that were on my bird, it was a one owner car, it had body colored wheels. I still like the cap in JD's picture better, but this one may be rarer to find on a RR. I saw a couple of sets of these on EBAY recently that were mint. I have four that JD is showing the pic of that are in pretty good shape I would let go of if you don't find a full set.

If your car truly has body color wheels it had poverty caps or loin cloth as said above. The caps probably were changed at the dealership on request or if not an ordered car to make it look better on the lot. The wheels were black with full covers.

Back