• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

i have two questions. please aswer them :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pixel

Reaction score
Please answer these questions with the best answers you can give. And the most accurate, to date answers. Thanks.

1. How much would an original 1969 Plymouth Roadrunner with a 426 HEMI cost? Especially if it is refurbished, and works like a charm.

2. How many original 1969 Plymouth Roadrunner are there still living to date in the world? Or at least in the U.S.

69B5

Reaction score
Hey Pixel
Welcome to the site
1) To put a value on your 69 RR I suggest you try NADA, KELLYS, and/or find a knowledgeable Mopar appraiser in your area.
If your looking to sell, these will give you a general idea of what it may be worth. You should get it appraised for insurane purposes
2) There probably is no way to know exactly how many 69's like yours remain. Regestry's like this are your best bet. But not all will be registered here for many different reasons

Here are some production Quantity's for a 69 RR, 426
Coupe- 194- 4 speed, 162- auto
Hardtop- 234- 4 speed, 187- auto
Convertibles- 4- 4 speed, 6- auto

I hope this helps

69B5

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
69B5 said:
find a knowledgeable Mopar appraiser in your area.
You should get it appraised for insurane purposes
That's the two best pieces of advice that you're ever gonna get.

69B5 said:
Convertibles- 4- 4 speed, 6- auto
Fran, according to the production info available there were also 2 Canadian J-Code droptops built - with no tranny info available on them. By most accounts a total of 5 of these 12 cars are known to survive today. I've never seen any reliable survivor numbers on the coupes and hardtops.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Your best bet for #s would be through Galen Govier and his Chrysler registry. I put mine in there and got the following info back The # of hemi runner produced in both post and hardtops and that mine is # 41 of 71 known to exist as far as hardtops. Now that's vin #s only it doesn't mean they have an engine at all. If I remember from your pics of your grandads car was a post car. Larry over in Kentucky might chime in with more info, He has a post car I think. What part of the country is the car in? Oh by the way it you have to pay to register and it took 3 months for a reply. Galen's Tag Service. My Bad it is a 2dr hard top. Remember the key words are Known to exist.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Now I have a question for you! What are the first 5 digits of the vin number? That way we know if its a real Hemi car. If not you still have a real nice race car! :popcorn:

Pixel

Reaction score
Can you let me know where to find this? Is it under the hood and on the right side next to the motor and above the wheel? Thats the only numbers I see anywhere. And it is a 2 door hard top... I don't know as much about this car as my grandpa does. So I will talk to him about it. Thanks for your input guys. I really appreciate it. Oh! And I live in north east Ohio.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Pixel said:
Can you let me know where to find this? Is it under the hood and on the right side next to the motor and above the wheel? Thats the only numbers I see anywhere. And it is a 2 door hard top... I don't know as much about this car as my grandpa does. So I will talk to him about it. Thanks for your input guys. I really appreciate it. Oh! And I live in north east Ohio.
Its the VIN tag on the top of the dash drivers side next to the windshield. It can be read from outside the car looking down on the dash.

mannye

Reaction score
1. About $7,000...

2. They made like 157,000 of them... I'm looking for something to pro-street.... I'll buy it off ya!

Hee hee hee just kidding... what 69hemibeep said... (but the 7K is still on the table...)
:drool: :drool:

69B5

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. AcmeA12
I would imagine verts are easier to keep track of because there are fewer of them.
On another thread, Pixle was wondering if it would be worth half a million if it was restored
I bet not, but I certainly wouldn't blame him for asking.
Maybe a Jay Leno
I,d regretfully part with the Mystery Car for that kind of money. lol
Pixle, you certainly have a great car.
Best wishes with it.
69B5

mannye

Reaction score
Pixle...

Considering it's your grandfather's car and must also have some sentimental value and I'm not sure how old you are, the best advice I can offer is to wait a little bit before you decide to sell it, if that's what you're interested in.

There's no denying that the car is very valuable if it is an original J code, but a few years from now who knows what you'll be doing and you may regret not having it around. In addition, muscle car values are in the toilet right now, and restoring your car would probably net you close to nothing considering cost in relation to value right now.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
mannye said:
Pixle...

Considering it's your grandfather's car and must also have some sentimental value and I'm not sure how old you are, the best advice I can offer is to wait a little bit before you decide to sell it, if that's what you're interested in.

There's no denying that the car is very valuable if it is an original J code, but a few years from now who knows what you'll be doing and you may regret not having it around. In addition, muscle car values are in the toilet right now, and restoring your car would probably net you close to nothing considering cost in relation to value right now.
The Poofy Haired guy spoke with the wisdom of somebody Georges age and the eloquence of Ray trying to sell Stuie a fake 440 out of a crappy green car. Well said :thumbsup: Did I miss any one :jester:

SomeCarGuy

Reaction score
Based on the other thread, I think we killed his lotto dreams from what he sees as the impending death of his grandfather.

Damn kids... :soap:

generaljmwlee

Reaction score
dont know about you guys but I wont be thinking of selling a car or truck of my grandfathers if he died! I have my grandfathers 83 f-100 that I am gathering parts for to put it to its former glory! some people tell me its not worth anything just scrap it ! but the memories are the reason its getting redone!

Roadcuda

Reaction score
generaljmwlee said:
dont know about you guys but I wont be thinking of selling a car or truck of my grandfathers if he died! I have my grandfathers 83 f-100 that I am gathering parts for to put it to its former glory! some people tell me its not worth anything just scrap it ! but the memories are the reason its getting redone!
That's a great reason to rebuild the truck, I keep things of my fathers around for the same reason.

moparchris

Reaction score
Pixel said:
Please answer these questions with the best answers you can give. And the most accurate, to date answers. Thanks.

1. How much would an original 1969 Plymouth Roadrunner with a 426 HEMI cost? Especially if it is refurbished, and works like a charm.

2. How many original 1969 Plymouth Roadrunner are there still living to date in the world? Or at least in the U.S.

1. Yes
2. And yes

mannye

Reaction score
As easy as it would have been to just go to the freaking car and get the numbers we asked for... I am smelling scam. My nose tells me this guy figures that all car guys are as shitty and dishonest as car salesmen (if you're a car salesman and on this board... I DO NOT apologize for that remark)and that we would be overcome with greed and offer him 20K or 25K for the car sight unseen and then like a Kenyan bank account scammer, he would "sell the car" to one of us and make off with the dough. I bet if someone searches the screen name, he's on moparts, moparnuts and all the other mopar sites with the same story.

He writes like a 14 year old and acts like a 9 year old which can only mean he's a 43 year old scammer from Africa. :soap:

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
mannye said:
As easy as it would have been to just go to the freaking car and get the numbers we asked for... I am smelling scam. My nose tells me this guy figures that all car guys are as shitty and dishonest as car salesmen (if you're a car salesman and on this board... I DO NOT apologize for that remark)and that we would be overcome with greed and offer him 20K or 25K for the car sight unseen and then like a Kenyan bank account scammer, he would "sell the car" to one of us and make off with the dough. I bet if someone searches the screen name, he's on moparts, moparnuts and all the other mopar sites with the same story.

He writes like a 14 year old and acts like a 9 year old which can only mean he's a 43 year old scammer from Africa. :soap:

Well.... I can check IP Addresses pretty easily. I looked a few days ago and our friend Pixel is from Ohio. I also checked some other forums and at the time, there was nobody else registered with the same name.

I don't think he's a scammer. Age? I don't know..... He may have some $$ signs in his eyes, but who knows.... I try to give people the benefit of the doubt.

Its obviously time to close this thread too. No good can come of any more discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back