• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

i know someone

Zapa

Reaction score
who found a very early 440 complete and running condition, carb to oil pan for $800. Date code is Aug, 65, closed chamber heads, and that person is happy. ME! :beep: :beep:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
nice score! have you decided what you're doing with your car?

abodybill

Senior Citizen Member
Reaction score
Never in the right place at the right time?

Good for you and good price! :thumbsup:

Zapa

Reaction score
Basketcase said:

I have......
Its going to be blocked out over the next couple weeks, I'm replacing the pass rocker panel and fixing every little dent and ding, giving it a coat of White Epoxy primer. This will stabelize the body and prevent any further deterioration and give me a head start. This winter will be spent preping the 440 which is getting the A12 treatment. Then in the spring she's going on the rotiserie. I'm gonna do some sideways summersalts with it till its all right, and set it on the ground as an A12 clone.
If i choose to sell the car it will be at a time down the road when its actually worth something and i know i wont be kicking my self 5 years from now for letting it go in the bottem of the market or just because i let it go period.

i've done quite a bit to it over the last month also. not the least of witch was a billering tower of a somkey burn out in front of the house after my wife "who has never seen the car run in the 8 years we've been together" told me it would never run and what am i thinking messing with that old piece of junk? I went straight to the auto store and bought a battery/fresh fluids/5 gallons of high test. Got home and drained everything, filled everything back with fresh, dropped in the battery. She popped right off like mopars do. then i proceeded to show her how she ran! Both rear firehawks were alittle dry rotted anyway, so what better way to retire them?

I also plan to document everything and post along the way.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Zapa said:
Basketcase said:

I have......
Its going to be blocked out over the next couple weeks, I'm replacing the pass rocker panel and fixing every little dent and ding, giving it a coat of White Epoxy primer. This will stabelize the body and prevent any further deterioration and give me a head start. This winter will be spent preping the 440 which is getting the A12 treatment. Then in the spring she's going on the rotiserie. I'm gonna do some sideways summersalts with it till its all right, and set it on the ground as an A12 clone.
If i choose to sell the car it will be at a time down the road when its actually worth something and i know i wont be kicking my self 5 years from now for letting it go in the bottem of the market or just because i let it go period.

i've done quite a bit to it over the last month also. not the least of witch was a billering tower of a somkey burn out in front of the house after my wife "who has never seen the car run in the 8 years we've been together" told me it would never run and what am i thinking messing with that old piece of junk? I went straight to the auto store and bought a battery/fresh fluids/5 gallons of high test. Got home and drained everything, filled everything back with fresh, dropped in the battery. She popped right off like mopars do. then i proceeded to show her how she ran! Both rear firehawks were alittle dry rotted anyway, so what better way to retire them?

I also plan to document everything and post along the way.
Sounds like a good plan :cheers: I'll take a seat and watch :popcorn:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
Zapa said:
[i've done quite a bit to it over the last month also. not the least of witch was a billering tower of a somkey burn out in front of the house after my wife "who has never seen the car run in the 8 years we've been together" told me it would never run .

:red2: :red2: :red2: :toetap: :toetap: :toetap: glad you decided to keep it :thumbsup:

Back