• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I learned something today

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
So my day is complete. :lol: LL1 or Surf Turquoise Poly paint was a special color offered in the spring of 1968 for a run of four months. I'm hoping the lady I'm doing the car for goes back to the original LL1 and not the hemi orange she is talking about, but hey it's her car.

thCAHJI5CQ.jpg

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
one Blue car in Arizona is too many already.......:bart::bart::bart::acme::acme::acme:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
I wonder how many cars were ordered with that color during that short run?

When I was researching the color it was considered rare in some of the articles I read. And there was talk of 3 hemi Chargers in this color over on the Dodge side.

jerrysdustydog

Reaction score
Just wondering, did she specify an engine color as well? My 68 will have a hemi orange 383HP, although it's not correct. Give her the blue and sneak in the orange engine to make her happy. Oh wait...............I'm doing that. Whatever you do Bob, it will look great, I'll bet on it. :leave:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
I'm using the 68 blue engine paint. If I had the heads back I'd have it painted.

Back