• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I need a power steering conversion kit for a 68 hemi....Where can i get one that is a complete assembly??? Please Help

Sammy Buchanan

Fall Back to my Youth
Reaction score
I need a complete power steering conversion kit that has everything needed to do the change over from Manuel to power....Where do I turn....Thanks

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
One, I don't know of any stock kit. Two, If you are after the true factory look you need a steering box, pitman arm, steering column, the pump, pully's and brackets are different than the 383, I belive the hemi had a cooler also. Three, Aftermarket there is Borgeson they have kits or an electric conversion.
I figure my manual steering with an elephant setting on top of it good exercise LOL

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
After looking looks like Borgeson has everything you need. Have you considered the different ratio gear box that is being sold to make manual easier to use. Good luck on the swap.

Sammy Buchanan

Fall Back to my Youth
Reaction score
One, I don't know of any stock kit. Two, If you are after the true factory look you need a steering box, pitman arm, steering column, the pump, pully's and brackets are different than the 383, I belive the hemi had a cooler also. Three, Aftermarket there is Borgeson they have kits or an electric conversion.
I figure my manual steering with an elephant setting on top of it good exercise LOL

jww69rrpost

Reaction score
I have a Borgeson steering box that bolts right in; an Ididit tilt steering column; belt driven power steering mounted directly behind the AC compressor. You can get all this as a kit or piece it together. With exception of the steering box and column, I went the kit route to be sure everything fit. There were a few challenges along the way getting the steering column to fit the steering box.

Engine - 3.jpg

jww69rrpost

Reaction score
Correction to my recent post. The power steering setup is mounted immediately below and next to the AC compressor (I've attached same photo for clarification).

Engine - 3.jpg

Back