• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I think I have found the missing link !

jays69bird

Reaction score
Some of you have read the posts where we all tell how we came about our Runners and the story behind them.I have posted on here in the past about my car,I can trace it to the original owners, and of course the guy I bought it from,but there was another owner between the original and the guy Steve I bought it from in 85. I was out today for a drive with the wife to look at fall foliage,we stopped in at a Dunkin Donuts in Central Square about 20 miles from where I live. As we are drinking our coffee my wife noticed the was a guy really giving my car the once over,taking pictures and etc. That in itself is not unusual,he came in looking around,I called over to him mentioning I was the guy who owned the Roadrunner. He said he knew the guy who had owned the car 30 years ago and he had been looking for it and would love to see it again. I thought he met Steve the guy I bought it from,so I mentioned that he had seen the car.He told me that wasn't the guys name it was Gary Saap ,I realized that is the one I was trying to track down,in fact I mentioned what Big John had told me about seeing the car at a camp in Otisco lake,he told me that the guy Gary had pictures of the car at the camp ! Funny thing is this Gary owns a small engine tractor dealership locally that I have stopped into but the subject of cars never came up. I gave the guy my phone number to give to this Gary,hopefully I can learn a bit more about my bird.

Last edited:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
That's good news Jay. I wish I could get more info on my bird. I bought it from a dealer with the title from the previous owner. I sent a letter with a stamped return envelop to him but I never heard back. At least with my other two cars I have paperwork. The '65 came with the title form the last state it was registered in, the window sticker, and about 20 years of receipts with what I'm pretty sure is the original owners address over several moves on the west coast. The '64 came with the original owners name that was in the service record book from the dealer and the window sticker. Also I got from Chrysler Historical copies of the build cards the factory used on the assembly lines to build them.

jays69bird

Reaction score
Well I haven't heard from him yet,I'll keep a ear out if my cell phone buzzes. I'll let you guys know if I do here from him.

Back