• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

IDing a hood

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
Is there any way to know the manufacturer of a fiberglass hood? there's one on the 'parts. It's only a couple hours from me. The seller says it's an AAR, and wants $350 for it. Supposed to be sending me some pics. Don't know if I can pull it off this soon after the graduations, but if it's an AAR, I'd sure like to.

dobie

Reaction score
Hey Dave, my AAR has no marks that I've seen. I'd take a few pics, but its not here at home. $350 is a good price, considering I paid $500 for mine several yrs ago new.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
that's what I thought Steve. and it's only in Cleveland. BTW....how's your comming along?

dobie

Reaction score
It's not a bad price for sure. It may be worth a drive to go look at it. You really want one.........

Mine's coming, slowly..... I went in today and took a few pics which I added to the thread. Nothing new really. I asked about getting it back by the 2nd week in July...... We'll see...

dutchrunner

Reaction score
I have a AAR hood on mine.
It clearly has mark AAR on inside of the hood on the part where you normally would mount the "locking bar" and "windhook".

Also had other hood but you can see the difference in detail/finish clearly. Don't know about yearone hood do.

Good luck.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
that's probably one of those details that was noticed and forgot about. especially when you pin yours on, you wouldn't paid too much attention to that area.

dobie

Reaction score
Basketcase said:
that's probably one of those details that was noticed and forgot about. especially when you pin yours on, you wouldn't paid too much attention to that area.
Yeah that's true. I never see the underside. Its either pinned on, or laying flat somewhere.

Back