• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ignition coil

V269

Reaction score
I'm running the mopar electronic ignition kit in my car but have an older coil I've had for year's. I'm looking to replace the coil with something new and better for my set up. Which coil do you guy's have or recommend with the mopar electronic kit ? Doe's anyone have something for sale maybe ? :thumbsup:

mcmopar

Reaction score
I have an Accel coil. Stock round shape with chrome finish. It has been working great since '03.

V269

Reaction score
toms69rr said:
I am running the Summit stuff, works well for me :thumbsup:

Is that Mallory Tom ? If so which one. I was thinking of trying the Mallory 29216 coil.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ken King said:
toms69rr said:

Is that Mallory Tom ? If so which one. I was thinking of trying the Mallory 29216 coil.

Ken, I have the 29216 on one of my 340's. Works great with the MoPar electronic conversion system. BTW - Both the Summit & MoPar kits are manufactured by Mallory according to one of the Tech Guys at Summit.

Ray

V269

Reaction score
Thank's Ray, I have heard that too. I'll see if I can get that coil up here some where to try. I have another question for you guy's. I was flipping through a repair manual today for something to do and came across the tune up section. In there it show's the # 1 spark plug wire in a spot on the opposite side of the cap than where I have mine. Maybe I'm just having a brain cramp or something but when I put my distributor in I lined up the rotor to number one cylinder on TDC of the compression stroke. I then put the # 1 plug wire on the post of the cap that the rotor pointed at. It start's and run's fine and I have been driving it so does it matter what post on the cap you use for # 1 as long as you have the correct firing order ?

droptop

Reaction score
Sounds like the dist. was put in 180 degrees off. As long as the car runs fine, you have the right firing order. If it bothers you that it is off, all you have to do is pull the dist up and turn it 180 degrees and change the wires on the cap. But I can tell you that no one but you, and now all of us :lmao: , will know that it is off.

V269

Reaction score
droptop said:
Sounds like the dist. was put in 180 degrees off. As long as the car runs fine, you have the right firing order. If it bothers you that it is off, all you have to do is pull the dist up and turn it 180 degrees and change the wires on the cap. But I can tell you that no one but you, and now all of us :lmao: , will know that it is off.

Yep, it bugged me. I changed it. Now I can sleep at night. :leave: :lol:

V269

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
[quote="Ken King":3lha3hxm]
toms69rr said:

Ken, I have the 29216 on one of my 340's. Works great with the MoPar electronic conversion system. BTW - Both the Summit & MoPar kits are manufactured by Mallory according to one of the Tech Guys at Summit.

Ray[/quote:3lha3hxm]

I put the Mallory 29216 coil on the car yesterday. It was available at a local part's store up here. It is forcasting nice weather for the weekend so maybe I can get it out for a cruise and see how it work's. Also plugged the vaccum advance in on the dist. Will see if that make's any difference as well. :thumbsup:

Ken

Back