• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ignition key light

bstan70rr

Reaction score
I did not know there was a light above my ignition key. I replaced it but noticed it was going to stay on all of the time. I guess yall can see where this would be an issue. My first thought is that it should probably only come on with the lights. Is this correct? Is that how they come from the factory? I disconnected it until further notice...... :)

I wish it would come on when the door was opened and stay on for fifteen seconds. Maybe I shoudl get out my Project 300 electronics kit. If not to actually do it, it might be fun just to figger it out.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
It has a timer and should come on when you open the door and give you time to put the key in.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
I have one in my car and it works great. As Bob said, it goes on when the door is opened and stays on for about 15 seconds. Believe it or not, every time I see it go on it brings back memories of my dad's '68 Sport Suburban, (green of course,) that had that feature.

dhansen_69RR

Reaction score
Hello to all! I've been trying to play around with my car. The fender tag states that my car came with the A01 light package but I do not have the ignition key light. I found the light that connects to the starter but really not sure what to look for next. I try to stick my head up behind the dash and the only free wire I can find is a yellow one with a black adapter piece on the end. Does anyone know on a 69 RR where the time relay would be located or what wire harness I should be looking for to connect the light? Thanks!!

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
dhansen_69RR said:
Hello to all! I've been trying to play around with my car. The fender tag states that my car came with the A01 light package but I do not have the ignition key light. I found the light that connects to the starter but really not sure what to look for next. I try to stick my head up behind the dash and the only free wire I can find is a yellow one with a black adapter piece on the end. Does anyone know on a 69 RR where the time relay would be located or what wire harness I should be looking for to connect the light? Thanks!!
This might help. The timer is all taped up to the right if the switch on my car

roadrunner restoration 224 (640x480).jpg

roadrunner restoration 503 (640x480).jpg

roadrunner restoration 504 (640x480).jpg

dhansen_69RR

Reaction score
Thanks for the great pictures!!! Today I actually pulled the factory radio to get to my gauge cluster. I had a blank and came across a clock so I installed that today. Since I had the radio I noticed I use to have a front speaker. I went ahead and purchased one to install. The funny thing is i have a yellow cable that is just hanging behind the gauges but I can't trace it because I don't have enough head space to see up behind. I was going to plug it into the ignition light and just test to see if it would turn on when I opened the door. The cable in the picture looks just like the one I found. Ill update when I get my car back together!

Back