• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

In the family

69rr4406p

Reaction score
Hello Everyone.
Just a quick story on this car. My father bought this in 1969 as a second owner. Apparently the original owner didn’t like it and owned it for a very short time. As a young kid I grew up with this car. My earliest memory was probably around 3 riding in it. There is a picture of my mom pregnant with me and the car in the background which I am still looking for. My dad told me not long ago when we were talking that he tried to sell the car during the fuel shortages of the 70s but couldn’t give it away. It has been sitting since 1995.
We talked not long ago about getting the car back to his shop and starting a father- son project to get the car back on the road so at least one of us can enjoy it. (Hopefully me)
So this brings me to this site as I scour the internet looking for parts and stuff. What luck I found this great place. I look forward to posting and sharing our path to getting it back on the road.
It is an original 383 4Speed, but it has seen a few engines and a couple trannys. So it is not a numbers matching. I think my dad still has the original tranny, but the original engine is long gone, a victims of to many read light avenue races.
Here are a few pics. (hopefully i got this part right.)

MistyIphone0613148.jpg

MistyIphone0613169.jpg

MistyIphone0613172.jpg

IMG_20130611_191004_601.jpg

km

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Welcome aboard neighbor, cool story. What part of Glendale are you in?

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
yes welcome from new york....sweet roadrunner and i see you have very good taste in ford trucks......have one too and love that 6.7 diesel

csuk9

Reaction score
Welcome my friend! It is great to see another roadrunner alive and well. If you need anything from California let me know!

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Welcome to the bird's nest from Ct! It's always great to hear of another bird that's been in the family from early on. The car looks to be in great shape, good luck with the project!

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome aboard! :cheers:

Great story and thanks for sharing the pics. :thumbsup:
Looks like an A87 equipped post car with the rare Toyota bucket seat option. :lol:
You'll have to give us some more details on the car, please. Looks like a very nice project. :cool:

:jester:

moparchris

Reaction score
Welcome from SoCal. Looks like a really solid car. Very cool that you and your Dad will get to wrench on it together.

As a side note. Nice view from the house! I take it, from the plates on the car, that is Washington.

69rr4406p

Reaction score
Thank you all for the warm welcome.

This car is in Washington where my dad lives. We are starting the break down next month. Were not going to go crazy with any kind of full restoration. Just make it a boulevard cruiser. We plan on going throught the motor, tranny, update disks in the front and interior. I will start a thread in the projects section pretty soon. And I found that picture of my mom with the car in the background. I want to say this was spring of 1971.

Thanks again everyone and I hope I can pick your brains as dad and I go through the build.

IMG_0218480x640.jpg

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
welcome from Ohio! great looking post car, and great story.come back often. great bunch here and lots of info.

mcmopar

Reaction score
I love the bronze! Is that color code T5? It looks to be in amazingly good shape. Should be easy to get it running and back on the road again. Very nice! :thumbsup:

abodybill

Senior Citizen Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Michigan :thumbsup:

Great story and nice looking car to start the resto on.

I see in the one picture MOM's hugging you and you hugging the car :lol:

Back