• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ink for radiator/heater box stamps

WWheeler

Reaction score
Just wondering if anybody had a recommendations for what type of ink to use when stamping the radiator/heater box and cooling fan? I have the stamps, just not sure what to use?

Thank you.

WWheeler

Reaction score
Someone sent me a PM and said to use Acrylic Enamel. Makes sense.

Thanks and that was easy.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Don't know what they use at the factory. Did see some stamp's in classic industries. Believe they had the marker paint also. Might check that out.

WWheeler

Reaction score
Is that "Ford" stamp on a Mopar heater box? No, what I am looking at is the stamps for the part numbers. See attached.

C-1(2554).jpg

HB68.jpg

doctordodge

Reaction score
For real though. took the box apart to put a foam kit in it and found that. Asked Dave Wise about it. He said he had seen it once before but couldn't offer an explanation. Strike maybe? I know Carter made Quadrajets in '71

WWheeler

Reaction score
Maybe the supplier for Ford's heater boxes was the same as Mopar at that time? And maybe one day a confused and hungover employee stamped the Mopar part with a Ford stamp?

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Could be an employee with a stamp messing with people. Kind of like putting lunch wrappers and coke bottles behind door panels.

Back