• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Inner trunk lid body filled and primed with two coats of epoxy.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Getting ready to paint after treating the top part of lid. Also got the hinges the same way. The top of the deck lid was not as bad as the trunk side. It looked as if it had been broken into have to do some filler around the lock area. Yes it is a 68 lid and not the one that came with the car when built. I sand blasted the inside of the structure then filled it with rust proofer from East wood. Then I bed lined the inside the best I could with the wand for the bed liner gun that spray's 360 degrees and out the tip. I should last for many year's now. Russ. IMG_0101 (1).JPG IMG_0102 (1).JPG IMG_0103 (1).JPG

dmartin

Reaction score
Looking better and better there Russ! You getting there buddy

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Thanks dmartin. Yes getting closer to putting the car together. My hood is coming in tomorrow. Trying as hard as I can to get all the pieces painted.

Big Block

Reaction score
Russ your trunk lid and hinges look really nice and your paint booth looks good too! if you want you can build me one!

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
The both is ok. I still have to clean it and wet the floor's to keep it clean for painting. Don't know how the fine dust get's in their. But soon will all be over once every thing is painted. Your getting their and it look's good on your end. Go U Tube and build a small one. It will take several day's but will be worth it in the end. Russ. :thumbsup2: I use regular filter's from the hard ware store 2'x2' one's.

Back