• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Inspection marks

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
I dont know if there is enough interest on the restoration side of the Tech section for inspection marks. I found a mark while cleaning my trans mount today, this would be on a 4spd Lynch rd car. I also have a few more if its of any interest?

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
Ask Plymouthfan about the markings on his rear.

:leave:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
What's the deal? You guys just gonna leave us hanging...???

Somebody needs to pull a Paul Harvey and relate "the rest of the story"...

:jester:
Ray

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
What's the deal? You guys just gonna leave us hanging...???

Somebody needs to pull a Paul Harvey and relate "the rest of the story"...

Ray
OK Chris. Whats the Rest of the Story :popcorn:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Plymouthfan said:
Thanks! It was either that or wrapping it with aluminum foil and telling people it's a Dana :thumbsup:
I gotta tell you, I didnt know what was coming :lol:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Plymouthfan said:
Thanks! It was either that or wrapping it with aluminum foil and telling people it's a Dana :thumbsup:

I just pulled a cheesey aluminum cover off of the Malibu's 12 Bolt rear on Sunday. Clearly designed to make the diff appear to be a "quick change" unit of some sort. What a gawd-awful POS that the PO had installed... I can send you that if you want to wire it into place and really make people scratch their heads... :lol:

Ray

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
Plymouthfan said:

I just pulled a cheesey aluminum cover off of the Malibu's 12 Bolt rear on Sunday. Clearly designed to make the diff appear to be a "quick change" unit of some sort. What a gawd-awful POS that the PO had installed... I can send you that if you want to wire it into place and really make people scratch their heads... :lol:

Ray

I almost hate to admit it, but I was in a local guy's shop when he was just finishing up on the pattern for casting those rear covers. IIRC, he had the prototype for a cover for an 8 inch Ford rear on his T-Bucket. It had the back of the housing cut off and this ugly cover bolted on its place.

Back