• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Inspection marks

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Big John said:
[quote="ACME A12":2w3oyhow]
Plymouthfan said:
Thanks! It was either that or wrapping it with aluminum foil and telling people it's a Dana :thumbsup:

I just pulled a cheesey aluminum cover off of the Malibu's 12 Bolt rear on Sunday. Clearly designed to make the diff appear to be a "quick change" unit of some sort. What a gawd-awful POS that the PO had installed... I can send you that if you want to wire it into place and really make people scratch their heads... :lol:

:jester:
Ray

I almost hate to admit it, but I was in a local guy's shop when he was just finishing up on the pattern for casting those rear covers. IIRC, he had the prototype for a cover for an 8 inch Ford rear on his T-Bucket. It had the back of the housing cut off and this ugly cover bolted on its place.[/quote:2w3oyhow]

Small world, isn't it? :D

This particular one got what it deserves IMHO. When I took the car to the media blaster (as a roller with no bolt-on sheet metal, but the front and rear suspensions were intact) I told the guy to "blast everything from the cowl back". Well, I was kinda focusing in on just the sheet metal, but this guy took me at my word. When I got the car back, the entire rear differtential - including the prevously somewhat shiny fake quick-change cover - had gotten the bejesus blasted out of them! This included the previously nicely painted or powder coated adjustable control arms (and their heim joints - which looked pretty awful with the finish blasted off of them...), springs, EVERYTHING. Just a nice, flat, blasted metal finish on everything... :lol: My fault entirely - and a lesson well learned...anyway this little episode only served to ensure that this stupid looking cover got replaced... :D

:jester:

Back