• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Install on a replacement radio 70 Roadrunner?

woodwiz

Reaction score
I saw some radio units at Classic Industries varying prices. Would like to put in the am/fm unit with a iPod plug in but not a priority. Tuff to do? What else should I need for the install?

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Heck I put a Pioneer CD-Radio in mine. Just bought a new bezel and cut it to fit the unit. Has blue tooth and all kind's of stuff. Like hand's free for you phone. Just to say. Maybe some one has put one of those unit's in that can help you walk through the process.

woodwiz

Reaction score
Thanks brother! I just have a thing for as stock as possible maybe with that little plug-in iPod thing under the seat or glove box. Like to use my stock bezel or get one with a factory remake. Just plug and play. I’d like to drive down the road and get my “Foghat” on just like it was 1975 again.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Tell you the truth that I got lucky that the CD will just have enough room to clear the AC and Heater control switches. Each to his own and out with the old and in with the new. Like that song Slow Ride by Winters Brother's with a little Bad Company. LOL. Have fun and make it like you want it. :beep:

Rumrunner

Reaction score
My 68 did not come with a radio or face plate. I did a lot of looking to find something that would fit.
I settled on a "Retrosound metro 4" $400. The add said it would fit right in like new. What they didn't say was, the purchaser has to put the components, brackets, knobs and hookups together, spend multiple in and out of the dash to adjust to fit, and that the directions are very vague. It took me hours with my wife reading directions, going online for better directions, three calls to the company and was a real pain in the A--. I made a face plate out of 1/4 oak made harder by the dash bending in the middle slightly that I didn't notice until installation. As big as the opening without the face plate in, and having to make one myself, I really could have used any radio out there.
On the bright side, it sounds great, has multiple USB ports and other plug in's. Two ways to wire to speakers. I hooked it up to four speakers, a sub-woofer, two tweeters and an amp. It could also be hooked up to a sub-woofer amp but I had to stop somewhere.

Rumrunner

Reaction score
I almost forgot. It comes with blue tooth and Series hookup available.
Right now I just listen to mostly Jimmy Buffet on my phone using Pandora.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
IMG_0103.JPG Got the radio plate from Parts Mix. Cut it to fit the Pioneer radio/CD. It is straight but the dash pad makes it look off.

Back