• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Installed a set of Thrush Turbos today...I like!

A31PKG

Reaction score
One of the baffles let go in my 4-year-old Dynomax Ultras. Since the car gets limited use, it stands to reason that the guts would deteriorate over time... I decided to check out some other more affordable offerings. I figure, if I'm gonna have to replace these things every few years, then I'd rather not spend large dollars. My criteria was appearance, sound, and affordability. I decided on a set of Thrush Turbos from Sumitt... part# 17718. They were $38 bucks a piece, and the shipping was something like 9 bucks. For less than the price of a new DynoMax, got a decent pair of mufflers delivered to my door. I like the sound, they look somewhat correct, & they were affordable (I'm avoiding the word "cheap"). There is definitely a different sound at idle. A little more volume - not obnoxious - and you can hear the cam better too... Overall, performance is the same. The main thing I like about them is they have almost no drone at cruise. The DynoMax Ultras not only had drone, but I would also occasionally get this slight burning "plastic" type of odor from the exhaust when I parked the car...

Overall, for the money, I recommend the Thrush Turbos for a driver. If these take a crap, I'm out low dollars...

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
my Uncle always ran Thrush. He'd drive my Grandfather nuts buy cutting the seam open, and taking out the baffels, then welding the muffler back up.

sam z

Reaction score
I have them on my car as well. My exhaust was not-so-good when I got my car. Instead of fixing only what was absolutely necessary my trusted tech did a front-to-back job from the headers for me, including these mufflers. He had them up in the loft of his shop, new in the box. I winced at first because they weren't one of the big names, but he gave them to me for next to nothing so I had nothing to lose, especially with the condition of my existing exhaust.

I agree with you. I like these mufflers. The car sounds good, and yes, it sounds really good at cruising speed. My car sounds just like a regular old passenger car I think. It's a good level of sound, not obnoxious at all. Overall thumbs up as well.

Besides, how good of a muffler was Chrysler putting on my old 383 pillared coupe back at Lynch road? Not as good as these I would guess...

Back