• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Installing front windsheild

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Any one that has in stalled the front windshield could give me some thought's on sealing it at bottom where the cowl sections are a little uneven in A arm support section. Look's like their will be some gap their. Posted pic's in general discussion about area in question. Ordered seal and clip's. Thinking that the window trim holds the window in. Well appreciate any advice you guys could give me. As you all know restoring car but windshield was just sitting in place and held in with Ac tape so no trim was their to get an idea how it was installed. Thanks for all info on this matter. Russ. :horse: This is how I fell some times books don't cover this section.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Rubber gasket holds the glass in and a sealer is used on the lower portion up about 4-5" on the pillars under the gasket

dmartin

Reaction score
Yeah it's probably best to get a pro to do it the guy that did mine took him two hours

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
I use a lot of KY jelly and a parachute cord that is what someone showed me. Seen on U Tube a guy made a device to help with pressure on the corner. That is what always get's me. I have broke a few. Almost got it and pop it brake's. Well Nothing ventured nothing gained said the old man. LOL.:cartman: What did I do wrong now?

quikbird

Reaction score
There are a couple threads on the site that show you how to install windshield. Just need some plastic tools and windshield cleaner

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
I use a lot of KY jelly and a parachute cord that is what someone showed me. Seen on U Tube a guy made a device to help with pressure on the corner. That is what always get's me. I have broke a few. Almost got it and pop it brake's. Well Nothing ventured nothing gained said the old man. LOL.:cartman: What did I do wrong now?

Its not that kind of gasket! LOL

dmartin

Reaction score
I don't have the patience for it my window guy said that the way the cowel is in the corners you have to kind of trim the corner piece a little and fill in with the black gasket material or caulking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back