• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Installing Hood Pins

RR383

Reaction score
Your thoughts...please.
Even though my '70 wasn't optioned with factory hood pins...I think they would be a cool addition and w/o greatly hurting the originality.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
I put them on mine. just don't use the crappy cheap parts store pins. get the OEM style...and for the love of god put them in the correct location. noting looks worse than the cheap, rusty hood pins in the wrong location. and they don't go on the radiator support! this is for a '69, but I would think be the same for your '70.

Hood_pin_location_69_RR_wtxt_001_zpshp6t2feq.jpg

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
I put them on mine. just don't use the crappy cheap parts store pins. get the OEM style...and for the love of god put them in the correct location. noting looks worse than the cheap, rusty hood pins in the wrong location. and they don't go on the radiator support! this is for a '69, but I would think be the same for your '70.
and that's a good looking '70...even if it is blue....:jester:

Hood_pin_location_69_RR_wtxt_001_zpshp6t2feq.jpg

RR383

Reaction score
OK...suggestions from whom can I get my hands on a good quality OEM set?

RR383

Reaction score
Thanks. BTW what is your lanyard length? Not sure how much if any they varied 69 - 70. Appreciate your assistance...the pics are invaluable.

Installing these is not for the faint at heart. Holes where holes never existed. Measure 10 times drill once...LOL:yesnod:

Last edited:

RR383

Reaction score

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
that's not mine, just a pic off the net. I've seen the rubber over the pin...I suppose the lift off hood guys use those, but since mine isn't a lift off, I used the hinges with the lightweight springs and hood latch so my hood doesn't move around.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
The rubber hose is the only thing that levels out the hood on an A12 car. No hood hinges. The pins were used on fiberglass hoods, if that is the look you are after go for it.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
Year One list hood pin kits for the fiberglass and the steel hoods.I'll measure my cables and get back later.

mac

What ?
Reaction score
just another reference pic. also when you get the actual hood pins some are made to lay flat while some are made to stand up when installed. i think standing up is more oem but since you are not going oem that can be your preference.
Hood_Pin_location_RR1_zpsq0ce3twy.jpg

RR383

Reaction score
just another reference pic. also when you get the actual hood pins some are made to lay flat while some are made to stand up when installed. i think standing up is more oem but since you are not going oem that can be your preference.
Hood_Pin_location_RR1_zpsq0ce3twy.jpg

If I decide to install them they are going on a '70 hood.

Back