• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Interior Paint Questions

69RunnerMike

Reaction score
My 1969 Road Runner has a white interior. Where can I find the correct white paint for the interior metal door panels? Also, for 1969 is this color white, or pearl White. Different places I look at say 68 is pearl white and 69 is white and other places say in 1969 both white and pearl white were used. I have seen interior paint, but they seem to be for soft interior, upholstery and carpet etc. I didn't know if they would have the correct sheen. Rattle cans would be fine if that's all that's out there.

WWheeler

Reaction score
You could try here - https://8774paint1.com/ I am doing the entire white interior of my 70 RR. The problem is that there are color variations with all the different parts - headliner, door panel, seat covers, etc...So which do you match it to? In your case you might want to match to the door panel or possibly the seat covers that the panels are adjacent to. I had a quart custom mixed at an auto paint store. Take a sample or scroll through the color books and find something close. From there, they can add pigments to get it just right. I also had them add a bit of flattening agent so that it wasn't 100% glossy.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Alpine white PPG 2033 for 69 Code W1 on the fender tag although the tag might show a different color depending on how it was ordered.

torredcuda

Reaction score
Alpine white PPG 2033 for 69 Code W1 on the fender tag although the tag might show a different color depending on how it was ordered.
That would be exterior color, interior gloss color is Aspen white 8362. Which one would the door panels be, are they the "integral door garnish"?

Back