• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Interior Paint?

a6t9vette

Reaction score
Im starting to plan out my the interior work I want to do this winter, and one of the items on the to do list is refinishing the "Sail" panels, I think thats what they are called, above the rear "door panels", as well as refinish the areas above the front door panels. What finish was this from the factory, and is there a rattle can that I can use to duplicate it? I doubt there is something at Lowes I can use, but maybe Eastmark, etc.... Thanks...

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
a6t9vette said:
Im starting to plan out my the interior work I want to do this winter, and one of the items on the to do list is refinishing the "Sail" panels, I think thats what they are called, above the rear "door panels", as well as refinish the areas above the front door panels. What finish was this from the factory, and is there a rattle can that I can use to duplicate it? I doubt there is something at Lowes I can use, but maybe Eastmark, etc.... Thanks...
If your talking about the metal that's painted which includes the top and bottom of the doors its gloss. :beep:

a6t9vette

Reaction score
Well that will make life easier..... I figured it had to be some speical 30%, etc paint. Are there any inteior painted surfaces, Top of the dash, etc that arent Gloss?

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
a6t9vette said:
Well that will make life easier..... I figured it had to be some speical 30%, etc paint. Are there any inteior painted surfaces, Top of the dash, etc that arent Gloss?
Your dash is painted with a suede finish and its pretty much flat. I believe Totally Auto carries it. If the suede is in good shape you can rattle can over it with pretty good results.

droptop

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
a6t9vette said:
Your dash is painted with a suede finish and its pretty much flat. I believe Totally Auto carries it. If the suede is in good shape you can rattle can over it with pretty good results.

They do carry it in rattle cans.....but not in red :huh:

BBillyC

Reaction score
I painted mine gloss and had to go through several cans that would just fish-eye even after cleaning the hell out of it. Finally I sanded it down to bare metal and put the gloss paint on it I wanted. That was the only way I could get away from the fisheye.

Back