• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

interior recommend / avoidance

sam z

Reaction score
Guys,
Thinking about replacing seat covers and door panels. Let me know of good products and vendors as
well as crap.

That or going with a customized, modern upholstery from a guy in town. More durable and he gets it
to appear appropriate for the period. One advantage of living in down-and-out Buffalo in the rust belt is
that the price for this is pretty reasonable. Not paying west and east coast prices is nice.

Fire away, thanks.

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
Ditto for Legendary. I've installed a few of their seat kits and they are first rate. BTW, they are just east of Rochester.

There is a place in North Collins that makes a lot of that stuff. I've never seen any of their products though.

http://www.onlineupholsteryandmore.com/

Speaking of Buffalo, I'm going to the GM plant in Tonawanda tomorrow for work.

sam z

Reaction score
Hey John...this is the local guy I was mentioning above. Thanks! Oh, and enjoy your stay in Buffalo. How long are you in town and do you need any food / restaurant recommends for your stay?

John69RR

Reaction score
Legendary. :thumbsup: I bought my interior and vinyl top in 1992 from them. You can't be in business in our hobby this long without supplying a quality product.

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
sam z said:
Hey John...this is the local guy I was mentioning above. Thanks! Oh, and enjoy your stay in Buffalo. How long are you in town and do you need any food / restaurant recommends for your stay?

I'll just be there for the day.

I was in Buffalo two weeks ago for a couple nights. I'm up there about three times a year at a little place called Oliver Gear on Niagara St.

I sometimes hit the Black Thorn Pub. That's pretty good. I like the Beef on Weck at Abbotts. Hot dogs at Teds. I also went to the Cheesecake factory. I'm usually not a chain restaurant guy, but that was pretty good. Marcos on Niagara St for lunch (down from Oliver). My son inlaw is doing management training at Cracker Barrel on Transit Rd, so I may stop in there on my way home for this trip.

That said, I'm always looking for good places if you have suggestions!

jays69bird

Reaction score
Legendary is my suggestion as well,I met them at Carlise in 91,at that time they did not offer my saddle and tan decor package door panels and I was missing the door ones but I had the small metal ones covered with vinyl.He said if I sent them, he would work on that color combo in a complete set. Took a couple of years but true to his work I got my panels,beautiful work.I still point with pride that those were the( Legendary) first panels in that color combo ! You can't go wrong with them.

moparstuart

Reaction score
yes ditto on legendary oh and stay away from anything PUI makes stuff is junk

if you go with legenday the stuff is pretty easy too do , I see no reason why we cant help you do it yourself and save some cash .

Back