• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Interior trim paint?

Smokngun

Reaction score
Hi all, the 69 RM23 project is moving right along. All the AMD sheet metal is in or on it's way. Getting close to painting interior parts and I've come across a dilemma. I'm not sure what the level of "gloss" should be on some interior trim parts. My car was originally, and will be again, T5 exterior and T7 interior. I know the dash is flat T7, and the interior of the doors and the trim piece below the rear quarter windows should be gloss.

But what about the steel headliner trim pieces, one each above the side windows, and one above the windshield. Should these be gloss like the exterior? Flat like the dash? Something in between? Need to know so we can order paint correctly.

Thanks in advance!

A couple teasers setting it up on the rotisserie.
20151130_181910.jpg
20151130_193044.jpg

20151130_181910.jpg

20151130_193044.jpg

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
The interior T7 should be high gloss the dash suede and the head liner trim low gloss but not flat, kind of a semi flat

Smokngun

Reaction score
Thanks 69hemibeep, that's the kind of answer I needed! I suspected the headliner pieces were between the suede and the high gloss. Just needed confirmation.

outlet1265

Reaction score
The trim above the side windows at the headliner is gloss body paint, the trim (top of the windshield) semi-flat like the A-pillar trim.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
The trim above the side windows at the headliner is gloss body paint, the trim (top of the windshield) semi-flat like the A-pillar trim.

Went through my pre disassembly pis and I'll give you semi gloss at best above the side glass on a hard top but not gloss like the inside of the doors. Unless you have a cleaner survivor that says otherwise.

Back