• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Irwindale Drag Strip

Roadcuda

Reaction score
]Wow! :worship: :worship: :worship:

I want to do that![/quote]

Lets go! Free ride on the ramp truck for your Runner![/quote]

OMG are serious? I want to go! I’m 40 miles from Irwindale.
I know you are an extremely busy guy but you let me know when and I’ll drop everything.
All I need to do to the car is fix a pesky power steering leak. I have the original manual steering box and I’m seriously thinking about going back to manual steering.[/quote]

Yeah, totally serious! Lets go. I love the drag strip.

Steve, it ran 8.80s at 82 mph with 2.29 60 foot times. Thats in the mid 13s at 106-107 ish.[/quote]

That sounds pretty good Chris!!! Do you think you can get any more out of it or is that about it? Either way that sounds like a lot of fun! :drive:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
Looks like a good time Chris, what were you doing at the light, Texting :jester:
He's also a VERY courteous driver. Not everyone uses their turn signal when they want to cross over into the other guy's lane after he has already left on you... :basketcase:

Very cool, Chris! :cheers: Thanks for sharing.

I once had a track announcer blare over the loudspeaker "And in the tower side lane, Rip Van Winkle with a reaction time of..." I was working on launch technique too but no one believed me either...certainly not the announcer anyway... :lol: :lol: :lol: True story.

:jester:

moparchris

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
69hemibeep said:
Looks like a good time Chris, what were you doing at the light, Texting :jester:
He's also a VERY courteous driver. Not everyone uses their turn signal when they want to cross over into the other guy's lane after he has already left on you... :basketcase:

Very cool, Chris! :cheers: Thanks for sharing.

I once had a track announcer blare over the loudspeaker "And in the tower side lane, Rip Van Winkle with a reaction time of..." I was working on launch technique too but no one believed me either...certainly not the announcer anyway... :lol: :lol: :lol: True story.

:jester:

Haha, I know my wife called me a Vagina for my bad lights. :lol: I was known for my .000 lights in my Swinger and I was deadly at the tree, with a few reds mixed in for good measure :brickwall: . The car was so violent the turn singnal switch would bounce into left turn when I shift but the one launch did it too. It was really loud bang in the car. I didn't think drag racing the four gear was going to be as fun as it was. Funny thing is my right forearm is sore from pulling the shifter :lol:

moparchris

Reaction score
Roadcuda said:
That sounds pretty good Chris!!! Do you think you can get any more out of it or is that about it? Either way that sounds like a lot of fun! :drive:

It actually has a very old and tired low compression 413 in it. The timing is retarded for safety and the jetting is really rich. I just scheduled some chassis dyno time for it to get it closer to proper tune up. I also have a 440 built and close to ready for it and I decided to go with a stock rebuild with stock exhaust manifolds to feel what its like to experience these cars in their original glory. So I thought I would take it out and run it before and see how it runs before I pull the 413. The car also has 3.54s in it right now and I want to swap to 4.10s.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
moparchris said:
Roadcuda said:

It actually has a very old and tired low compression 413 in it. The timing is retarded for safety and the jetting is really rich. I just scheduled some chassis dyno time for it to get it closer to proper tune up. I also have a 440 built and close to ready for it and I decided to go with a stock rebuild with stock exhaust manifolds to feel what its like to experience these cars in their original glory. So I thought I would take it out and run it before and see how it runs before I pull the 413. The car also has 3.54s in it right now and I want to swap to 4.10s.

That should be an interesting comparison. Look forward to hearing about it.

Back