• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

It's finally ready!

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Some of you may remember that I sent the carb for my Barracuda out to Harms Smith for restoration. That's the same guy who did Bobs carbs. Well I got the notice today that it's ready. I'm just waiting for him to send me the bill so I can get it on the way home. Knowing that Bob had a good experience how his carbs were set up and ran well, I can't wait to get it back on the car to see how it runs! Included are the before, and after pics.

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
Re: I's finally ready!

man it looks like brandy new....it should make a big difference in the performance.....sweet :thumbsup:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Re: I's finally ready!

george68hemirr said:
man it looks like brandy new....it should make a big difference in the performance.....sweet :thumbsup:
I hope so George. He completly tears them down to clean every passage, and sends the appropriate parts out for replating. If it does run as good as it looks, I may just have to find the money and send him the carb out of the RR!

Roadcuda

Reaction score
george68hemirr said:
how much for a rebuild??
Basic rebuild, no additional parts, is $345, for 4bbls. Besides the work you see in the pics, he puts them on a mule engine and sets them up to run. Bob can tell you how he does on that part of the rebuild.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
Its hard to put an air cleaner on something like that :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
That's true Bob, but you did that with two so tell me please how you did it! :jester:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
droptop said:
Steve, Do you have a B engine in your Barracuda? I am sure that is a big block intake.
No Harold, it's an A engine. Those pics are from Harms. I think he places all the carbs he does on an intake for the effect. I'm still waiting for the invoice so I can pay him and get it back on the car to see how it looks, and runs.

Back