• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

It's Flown the Coop

MsBeep

Reaction score
Well after two summers trapped in the garage for various reasons, the bird has flown the coop! Re-wired and revisited more of the underside of the dash and engine compartment than I thought I would, but it's finally running; and running very well at that! Just wanted to sprinkle some of my happiness about the forum. Installing the new ignition wire set was the icing on the cake. Is cylinder # 5 on the right bank always that much fun to change a wire on?? Anyhow here's the latest shot of me and my car.
IMGP0869.jpg

IMGP0869.jpg

earlyrides

Reaction score
Is that snow on the driveway????

Awesome to hear you are out again and causing some havoc on the streets.
Sorry to see that snow on the driveway this late in the summer.
You really need to try out the weather somewhere else like here in SoCal.
300+ days of sun and good driving conditions.

MsBeep

Reaction score
Ha ha "Early" -it wasn't snow on the driveway when the picture was taken on Saturday- that is the effect plastic sheeting laid over new concrete driveway has! I waited four weeks to the day from when it was poured to be able to get the car out of the garage. I posted a pic and sang the blues along with Steve from across the pond about being sidelined by concrete work earlier this summer. Got ready to take the car out for a highway run and woke up to "mixed precipitation" 34 F that felt like 25 F and those drops of white started to add up. Yep... early snow. I'm sorry to see it on the driveway now!:sour: I'd love to try out the weather in SoCal; sigh...maybe in a few years...

Bee Keeper

Reaction score
Better let her fly, by the looks of that driveway you don't have much summer left!

Good look'in bird! :worship:

droptop

Reaction score
Odd number cylinders are on the driver side, even numbered are on the passenger side. I have a spark plug socket that has a hex head that I can use an open end wrench on. Slip the socket over the plug and break it loose with the wrench and then spin it out with your fingers.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Funny I have no problem getting to mine :acme:

roadrunner restoration 999.jpg

Last edited:

MsBeep

Reaction score
Odd number cylinders are on the driver side, even numbered are on the passenger side /QUOTE]

If Left Bank is located when sitting in the driver's seat, then it was Right Bank Cylinder # 6 that gave me grief. Thanks for the "use a wrench on a spark plug socket" tip- luckily for me, I didn't have to pull the spark plugs! Had visions of snapping a few though.. It was the angle I was working from that made it tough to get that ignition wire boot to click and stay on! A little extra dielectric grease worked wonders :smug:

MsBeep

Reaction score
I wouldn't have any problems with wire set installation, 69hemibeep, if I had your Desert Elephant under my hood :stooges:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
don't let Bobby fool you, that's a pic he stole off of Google

Back