• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

jaxrunner1968 Intro

jaxrunner1968

Reaction score
Hello all, I recently purchased a 1968 383 Roadrunner which I have wanted since I sold my first one way back in 1975! This is a very original car and I am looking forward to working on it and driving it. I have already attempted to pull the back seat out to search for a possible build sheet but cannot get it out....any tips for a new member would be greatly appreciated!!

jaxrunner1968

quikbird

Reaction score
Back seat is held in by a clip on each side at the front . Push down and back to clear the clip and the rear seat will pop out. Can be frustrating to get this seat to pop out

jaxrunner1968

Reaction score
jaxrunner1968 Seat

Back seat is held in by a clip on each side at the front . Push down and back to clear the clip and the rear seat will pop out. Can be frustrating to get this seat to pop out

Thanks for the info quickbird, I thought that there may have been a bolt hiding somewhere on each side! I wrestled and pushed on each side of the seat for about 20 minutes until it wore me out..... I will go back and try again tomorrow.

JR

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
welcome. be sure to post some pics of your car!

cj69RR

Reaction score
Welcome, what part of Jax are you located? I can possibly help you pull that rear seat if you need it. They can be a pain.

jaxrunner1968

Reaction score
jaxrunner1968 Seat

Welcome, what part of Jax are you located? I can possibly help you pull that rear seat if you need it. They can be a pain.

Thanks, I live down at the beaches area and I definitley could use a hand with this one, never imagined it would be so damn difficult! I could drive out to your side of town one day if you have time to check it out, let me know.

Thanks

Back