• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

JEGS reuseable big block oil pan gasket with windage tray

resq302

Reaction score
Has anyone else encountered a problem with the JEGS big block windage tray that has the reuseable gaskets on it leaking at the rear of the engine? I've installed one of these on my charger and it seems to be leaking in the area where the recessed holes would be for the rear main seal. Jegs says they have had no complaints and that they see no way that it could possibly leak. I am just curious if anyone else has experienced this issue as well.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
reusable gasket doesn't sound like a good idea, but that's just me.

resq302

Reaction score
Lots of cars are using them now a days. My F150 and my wifes Explorer both have reusable neoprene metal reinforced trans pan gaskets. No chances of cracking a cork gasket or the gasket swelling up over time.

abodybill

Senior Citizen Member
Reaction score
I have had one on my Runner for over a year now no problems with it yet.

I know it was a pricey item but,it's one that can used over again.

I did have problems with the Mopar tranny reusable gasket and went back to the cork one and stopped my tranny leak on my A-body 727.

cj69RR

Reaction score
You can use a slim coat of black rtv in the corners and where your having your issue and it should fix your leak.

resq302

Reaction score
Thats what I did today. I had some of the orange / copper ultra high temp stuff and put a little on there where the rear lower seal met the block. I'm thinking thats where the issue was as it was not perfectly flat and with the resin fiber reinforced stuff they have with the neoprene gasket, I think it was too stiff for it to squash down enough to seal it. We shall see when I'm back to my Dad's tomorrow to try and get the rest of the front end put back together. Previously, it had probably had a good 3" puddle of 20-50 oil on the catch pan just sitting so hopefully this will cure that leak. Sucks cause it messes up the nice undercarriage and exhaust when you drive it.

Back