• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Joes69Runner Intro

Joes69Runner

Reaction score
Inherited a 1969 road runner from my father who passed away before he could finish it. So I took on the task to finish it. But I know how to fix cars not restore. So any help would be awesome. The runner is a 383 with a 4 speed. Original color was the yellow (don't know original name) but hopefully I can find some help in the forums. I have parts to sell and parts I need. But I really don't know what else to say other then why does my bio need go be 250 characters. To register for the website. CAnt we just get to the point.

69383RR

Reaction score
Welcome from Vt. Restoring a car this old to its former glory will take a lot work and money , and no mater how devoted you are expect it to take at least a year minimal ,but more like two or three . Having said that it was your fathers car which he wanted to restore , that in itself should motivate you . Then add the history of this awesome iconic American muscle car to the equation and you already have a huge advantage over the poor schmuck down the street trying to restore his Cheby ! Try to do something on your roadrunner as often as you can ,even if its something insignificant . It all has to be done sooner or later anyway and all the little things add up so keep at it until you achieve your vision of what it should be . Otherwise it could easily end up a dusty old pile ,with heaps of unwanted yard sale crap piled on top of it, never to see the light of day again :facepalm:

Last edited:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
Welcome from Ohio Joe! Sorry to hear about Dad. 4 speed post car, looks like a great project!
Mine came from Sterling Heights. Lots of good guys hear and plenty of knowlage.
We have the factory service manuals downloaded in our tech section, and the parts manuals.

Joes69Runner

Reaction score
Thanks. She's been sitting in my garage since 05. I just keep thinking about what it's be like to drive it. But like they always say. Mopar or no car.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
But I really don't know what else to say other then why does my bio need go be 250 characters. To register for the website. CAnt we just get to the point.

Welcome aboard! :cheers:

That requirement is in place to keep the spammers out. It also encourages you to participate rather than lurk. Now you know the rest of the story...:D

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Otherwise it could easily end up a dusty old pile ,with heaps of unwanted yard sale crap piled on top of it, never to see the light of day again :facepalm:

Are you talking from experience or do you want to lie down on my couch and talk about it. As Fraser would say "Im Listening" :jester: Oh Welcome aboard Joe

69383RR

Reaction score
Are you talking from experience or do you want to lie down on my couch and talk about it. As Fraser would say "Im Listening" :jester: Oh Welcome aboard Joe

I could have used a couch a few times let me tell you Dr. :loco: Like the time we thought we were all done and getting ready for paint only to find out the trans needed new bearings , and then there was the time , well you get the picture.
But all and all it was a pretty good experience and I learned quit a lot about this car that I wouldn't have if I had paid someone to do it for me . Plus you get a huge sense of accomplishment even if its not a hundred percent , these cars look great even in primer.

earlyrides

Reaction score
Don't wait! Go drive it!

Welcome from sunny Socal.
Before I actually ever started putting the pile of 69 Runner parts I had bought together, I sat in my car with an adult beverage many times making VROOM! VROOM! sounds dreaming of driving it.
I am sure my neighbors thought I was crazy. (and they were probably right!)
One day I decided that since a full resto was never coming all at once; I just put the parts together that I had and made the danged thing run.
Even though many of the parts were well worn and tired the car screamed and was a blast to drive.
Like it was said above, these things look good even in primer.
After a few years of constant improving all of the various parts; the time finally came to take it all apart and get it painted the "right" way.
Then once it came back from being painted, (thats a whole other story and adventure) all of my parts were ready to go and tested because the car ran before I took it apart.
This method isn't for everyone but it let me get my fun in while I saved money for the big bodywork adventure.

So my advice; for what it is worth: Dont wait. Go and drive it! And know that good ole' Dad will be right by your side in spirit when you are out abusing the rear tires.

a lft frnt small.jpg

Joes69Runner

Reaction score
Welcome from sunny Socal.
Before I actually ever started putting the pile of 69 Runner parts I had bought together, I sat in my car with an adult beverage many times making VROOM! VROOM! sounds dreaming of driving it.
I am sure my neighbors thought I was crazy. (and they were probably right!)
One day I decided that since a full resto was never coming all at once; I just put the parts together that I had and made the danged thing run.
Even though many of the parts were well worn and tired the car screamed and was a blast to drive.
Like it was said above, these things look good even in primer.
After a few years of constant improving all of the various parts; the time finally came to take it all apart and get it painted the "right" way.
Then once it came back from being painted, (thats a whole other story and adventure) all of my parts were ready to go and tested because the car ran before I took it apart.
This method isn't for everyone but it let me get my fun in while I saved money for the big bodywork adventure.

So my advice; for what it is worth: Dont wait. Go and drive it! And know that good ole' Dad will be right by your side in spirit when you are out abusing the rear tires.

I used to do that same thing in this roadrunner when my uncle first got it in about 96' (gave it to my father in 2004 for another project). It'll be there one day just economy Sucks. And Being 23. Just one thing at a time. When I can pay for it of course lol.

moparmonk

Reaction score
Welcome from Maine. Great story and do your dad proud. And when your done, come over to my house and give me a kick in the butt to get going on mine.... Welcome aboard! This site has some really cool people.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
I just got mine back after being at a buddy's shop for over a year getting the body ready for paint. I was getting pretty discouraged, but the drive home made it wrth the wait.Now for Springtime and the paint.

Back