• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Junior Hockey

V269

Reaction score
Congradulations to the USA Junior Hockey team. They beat our Canadian team 6-5 in overtime for the gold medal. Our streak is stopped at 5 years in a row. It was a great game and could have went either way. Congradulations again USA. :cheers:

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
:party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
...in related news...it's just about time for EVERYONE'S favorite Winter Olympic Sport...

:lmao:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
...in related news...it's just about time for EVERYONE'S favorite Winter Olympic Sport...

:lmao:
Ray that's better than figure skating :yesnod:

Big John

Reaction score
Hockey>Football

glhcarl

Reaction score
Having spent some time in Canada (work related) I love the game of Hockey (the LA Kings are my favorite team). However, I have a hard time seeing the Canadians passion for Curling?

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I made it a point to go see Les Habs play at the Forum before they converted it into an entertainment center... :popcorn:

Big John

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
I made it a point to go see Les Habs play at the Forum before they converted it into an entertainment center... :popcorn:

When my youngest son was about 13, he was playing hockey in a tournament in Buffalo. After the games were done on Saturday we all went to a Sabres game. We got the tickets at the last minute and to keep the team and parents in one spot, we ended up in the nose bleed section.... Worst tickets I have ever had at a sports event.... We looked down to the TV monitor and the score board. The actual game looked we were watching it from an airplane. You couldn't see the puck...or the players... or the game for that matter.

BTW, one very, very cool thing I got to do once was help coach (I ran the defensive door) at a tournament in Lake Placid, NY. One game was at the rink from the 1932 Olympics and another was at the rink where the 1980 "Miracle on Ice" happened.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Ive been to a few Coyote games and in person its a great game,TV does it no justice. But it still appears that the lack of interest will send them down the road soon, probably back to Winnipeg. This place is like LA if you don't win they don't come :yesnod:

V269

Reaction score
We thought we might go see a Coyote game while we are in AZ. in Feb too. The price of tickets is really cheap, $10 or so for nose bleed seats. Both of our kid's play and our daughter has played rep hockey practicaly all her hockey years. They'll like it.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Ken King said:
We thought we might go see a Coyote game while we are in AZ. in Feb too. The price of tickets is really cheap, $10 or so for nose bleed seats. Both of our kid's play and our daughter has played rep hockey practicaly all her hockey years. They'll like it.
That will put you on my side of town :thumbsup:

V269

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
Ken King said:
That will put you on my side of town :thumbsup:

Hey right on. We have already printed off directions to the rink from our motel from mapquest. Look's like the rink is on West Maryland Ave not to far off the 101 loop. If I can find that I should be able to find you.
:D

Back