• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

just got the throttle cable

generaljmwlee

Reaction score
its been awhile but what keeps the throttle cable to the firewall?is the pressure from the cable being hooked up an E-clip what holds it in? just got my new one cant find any pics of the assembly any help would be great.

sixgunrunner68

Reaction score
Not sure if you have a round or square hole in your car. The round style cable goes in through the engine bay with a grommet and a c-clip retains it to the firewall from inside the cab. I think that the square style installs the same way minus the c-clip. The square on the cable has retainers molded into it.

generaljmwlee

Reaction score
Thank you sir ,I found pics buts all from the firewall out and its about 15 years since I took it aparts. wasnt sure and they dont send anything but the cable

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Jason - where did you buy your throttle cable? Just curious. I found them at several different places when I was looking. Ended up ordering one from Peps up in Maine.

generaljmwlee

Reaction score
got mine from Herbs parts it is an Mopar cable wonder if you can order from dodge dealer?

meepbeep69

Reaction score
Jason,

Turtle fired up last night and it sounds healthy. I have to fabricate an extension to catch the Holley throttle. Brewers sold me some stuff that was too short.

Call me and I can snap some shots of the cable off the firewall and inside the floor where it mounts over the carpet. I have to put the clutch clip on so I will be down there.

Then it is off to the alignment shop and a few test rides then an expensive 40 mile trip home. Hopefully a full tank of gas will get me home.

mcmopar

Reaction score
If a full tank of gas (20 gal.) doesn't get you home you've got some real problems there...

Roadcuda

Reaction score
mcmopar said:
If a full tank of gas (20 gal.) doesn't get you home you've got some real problems there...
I was thinking the same thing John, even my stock built gas hog will only need 4 gallons!!!!! :brickwall:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
sixgunrunner68 said:
generaljmwlee said:
Thank you sir ,I found pics buts all from the firewall out and its about 15 years since I took it aparts. wasnt sure and they dont send anything but the cable

No problem.
I bought mine from Mancini Racing for about thirty bucks.

Marty - was that the universal 24" one that they advertise? I looked at that but opted to go for the Ma MoPar original one...probably could have saved myself a few coins...

sixgunrunner68

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
sixgunrunner68 said:
generaljmwlee said:

No problem.
I bought mine from Mancini Racing for about thirty bucks.

Marty - was that the universal 24" one that they advertise? I looked at that but opted to go for the Ma MoPar original one...probably could have saved myself a few coins...

To be honest, I'm not sure. But if it was universal the quality of the construction and dimensions were pretty much the same as the old one other than the fact it was for the six pack set up. So fit and function were not an issue at all. For a concours resto, I couldn't tell you if it's right or not.

generaljmwlee

Reaction score
tried mancini racing but is out of stock ! prob because they are 20 bucks cheaper than anyone else. :toetap:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
The MoPar P/N on the package on mine was 1-02899339 if anyone wants to research local availability at your friendly neighborhood Dodge/Chrysler dealer. Was listed for 68-70 B-Body with 383-440 four barrel. Just a tad shorter than my original 440-6 cable so I am assuming it will work once I install the 6-barrel engine... :cheers:

sixgunrunner68

Reaction score
generaljmwlee said:
tried mancini racing but is out of stock ! prob because they are 20 bucks cheaper than anyone else. :toetap:
What style do you need? I have a brand new square style that I bought only to find out later that I needed the round one. Just not sure if the carb link will work since it's for a Holley six barrel.

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Jason - did you get this installed? There is also a washer that goes behind the retaining clip. Just thought that I would mention this since you tore it apart 15 years ago...

Ray

generaljmwlee

Reaction score
thanks didnt know it needed one just had a gut feeling and put one on ! :thumbsup: the old girl must have been talking to me!

Back