• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just off Idle - Flat spot

RR383

Reaction score
I'm still experiencing the just off idle hesitation...real BAD. Its really an annoyance...I can't even leave my driveway without the car shutting off when I squeeze the pedal. Edelbrock techs claim I need to reposition the squitter linkage to the upper hole. Haven't tried that yet. Agree or disagree? Is the pump shot the only thing that would come into play with the transition off idle?

RR383

Reaction score
:bump:
In addition I changed the AVS setting...1 full turn CCW. Seems to have smoothed out the transition engaging the 4 barrels. So a little progress is a good thing.

dmartin

Reaction score
Hey guys mine back fires through the carb would the be a timing or carb adj I have a holly dual line 750

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dmartin

Reaction score
How to tell if you got a bad lifter

dmartin

Reaction score
Also #7 and #8 cylinders are little wet and those two plugs are really black the other six are brown

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Dmartin have you done a compression test of those cylinder's Might be ring's. Could be valve guide seal's. Hope that it is something simple Let us know what you find. Those seal's do go bad lot of heat in the back of motor next to fire wall.

dmartin

Reaction score
I hope it's not rings or valve seals cause I put all new in when I did the rebuild

Back