• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just want to say thanks to everyone.

Confederate1969

Reaction score
To everyone from the .org and .net site that have put up with my relentless questions for the past year, I want to give a big thanks. If you had told me even two years ago that I would have a car disassembled in my garage or told me that I would understand how headers affect engine airflow and other weird stuff, I would have looked at you sideways. Yet here I am asking about things I never considered. Thanks for not laughing out loud at my often very basic questions. The Road Runner wasn't supposed to be a solitary project for me, but without the mechanical master that was my dad, I'm having to learn by just doing it myself and relying on all of you for help. My dad didn't show a lot of happiness when I was growing up, but he could not help but have a smile on his face when he was in the Road Runner. So the car has a lot of weight behind it for me. I'm not very good at all of this yet, but I'm determined to do it absolutely right and not skip anything important, which is why I ask so many questions.

Thanks for all the help so far. And I can assure you all of a lot more :blah: and :huh: before I'm done with the rebuilding.

:D

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
well we all had to learn sometime, and for myself, I've been messing with cars for 30 years, and theres tons I don't know.

I can relate to how your Dad felt when driving your car. That's one reason I drive mine to work as much as I can in nice weather. After a bad day at work, I eally look forward to the drive home. either just a nice cruise, or banging the gears, by the time I get home, it was like the day just started.

But in the winter, I have to head to the basement and run my trains to relax.
Looks like you're doing a good job. stay with it, take your time, and do the best you can.
keep the pics coming, and ask away!
:cheers:

"Dear Santa"

162422184_o.jpg

dobie

Reaction score
Don't feel bad, as I'm in the same spot you are. I never grew up around these cars, so 3 years ago I started from scratch. I still know next to nothing. These guys here and on the .org are wonderful. I've asked many a "dumb" question myself, and will continue to do so for quite some time!

:cheers:

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
I think I've been a car guy since I was born. My dad bought a Road Runner new in "69" but he was not a mechanical person. I have been mechanical all my life and I too had to learn like you. I started buying junk schwinn bicycle when I was about 15 and totally restoring them and selling them. Just hang in there, fix this car up and read every article you can on every subject you have questions on. If you read 5 articles, you will get 5 different answers. However, if you read them the things that overlap are probably going to be the facts. I'm not sure how old you are, but I'm 43 and I am far from knowing everything on this old iron that I'd like to. You might be surprised what you could teach all of us before your done with your car.

Plymouthfan

Reaction score
I started at this late in life too. I'm 39 and have a lot of catching up to do, but I seem to learn something new everyday thanks to these guys! :banana:

Back