• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Know a Good Plating Service?

trim88

Reaction score
Hi,
Had the name of a good Plating service, lost my harddrive and everything went poof! I think there was a gal doing plating that was recommended thru this group but I can't remember. Anyhoo, does anyone know of a good plating service? Want to get the LCA's plated in Yellow zinc.
Thanks, trim

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Are you after the gold cosmoline look? Because only part of the control arm usually got dipped. Oh and in my pic the upper control arm bolts are supposed to be black phosphate, they got changed before it went in. Powder coat and then gold paint, some use battery post spray for the gold.

road runner 590 (Medium).jpg

trim88

Reaction score
Thanks for the picture, that really helps. Not quite sure why I'm trying to get it so original, because I'm changing the drums to disk and putting in new upper control arms. I was shocked at how crappy the handling was when I test drove the car. Sure didsn't drive like it did when I was 40 years younger! :huh: addin power steering too....at my age it ain't called woosin it! :yesnod:
Thanks again, trim

John69RR

Reaction score
If you're not going for 100% Concours correct, NAPA carries a product called Linebacker. We use it at the plant to protect metal. It dries in a gold color very similar to cosmoline. It is a little pricey at $18.00 can.

Back