• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Leaf spring problem's

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Brought down one of my new leaf spring's and spotted paint pealing off of it. What did I see Rust under the paint. Man why cant we get good product's when we pay so much for them. I got them from central spring company. Took it apart and the inside of the spring had no paint either and was rusted also. Spent all day cleaning the spring's then rust proofed them. Now will get to put a coat of epoxy on them tomorrow. Then clear them. Also noticed now zinc plates where not their so got them ordered. What else. It will take a total of four day's to do both spring's. :mad::mad::mad:

dmartin

Reaction score
Well it might be a blessing in disguise cause it is going to be really hot next week might need to wait till fall

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
That means I don't have to wait so long for the paint to dry. Cut the wait time down by half. To respray. Got my fan back in action in the paint booth have fresh hot air again. Buddy.

Palmer Moe-par 68

Reaction score
Maybe it is a good thing then that I decided to refurbish my original springs... It took me about 60 hours to sandblast those things, and then $150 of paint and rebuild kit. I recommend painting your springs with Dupli-color Dark Shadow Grey. It makes it look like bare metal, which is how they came from the factory, but it is protected by the paint.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
There was a mix of bare springs and black painted ones. Mine happened to be non painted also.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Nope I Rust proofed with Rust-Oleum Rust Reformer. Then three coat's of Epoxy black. Then three coats of Matrix Clear. Boy they shine. Good job Palmer each to his own. Did you get the measurement's you where looking for. Russ.

Back