• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Legendary 1969 1/2 Plymouth Roadrunner Project 6 Pack!

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
That car has been on and off ebay for months now.. I thought it was sold the first time, but I guess not.

Way too rich for my blood, but it would be a cool car to have.

Confederate1969

Reaction score
For about 2 grand, and a few fiberglass and edelbrock parts later, I could have a decent A-12 clone without all the massive, wild debt....

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
the outfit that has it is here in Ohio up by Cleveland IIRC. There the ones that did a '68 Chrger to look like an E Body. They stayed at the same motel for the '07 Nats as us. Our waitress went out to look at my car, and that Carger too. She gave the owners all kind of grief about messing up a charger. I'll give them that they had talent, and dumped a bunch of money onto it....but I don't care for it. It's as bad as the Year One road runner.

Big John

Reaction score
Basketcase said:
It's as bad as the Year One road runner.

Yea, I don't get that car... I mean I understand what they were doing with it. They wanted to put some modern touches on an old Plymouth... but it just didn't work.

droptop

Reaction score
Big John said:
Basketcase said:
It's as bad as the Year One road runner.

Yea, I don't get that car... I mean I understand what they were doing with it. They wanted to put some modern touches on an old Plymouth... but it just didn't work.

It wouldn't be that bad if it didn't have the bill boards and the two tone interior.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
and the wheels. I'm an old school,day two guy with musclecars. the moderen interior is just wrong, and leave the billboards on the 'cudas.

Plymouthfan

Reaction score
Dude that Runner should just be crushed... put it out of it's misery! Thats hideous... who the hell thought billboards would look good on that????????
:chuck:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Basketcase said:
and the wheels. I'm an old school,day two guy with musclecars. the moderen interior is just wrong, and leave the billboards on the 'cudas.
I agree with you Dave. Those wheels, and anything resembling rubber band tires do not belong on any muscle car, of that era. I saw that car at Carlisle and it looks worse in person then it does in pictures! They try to justify putting modern parts on those cars so you have the fun of driving a car from that era, but with the feel of todays cars handling and comfort. I don't buy that. If I want that feel I'll just drive a new car. Driving a car as it was built is why I enjoy them. That is getting the experience of what it was like driving a car from 40 plus years ago.

Big John

Reaction score
I think they could have done a better job with the Year One Roadrunner if they had just held back a little. First.. the billboards look ridiculous. I don't care for the two tone seats and I really don't like those dumb lights on the front bumper.

Doing a car like that is understandable. It needs to attract attention for their business, but I think it makes Year One look like JC Whitney. All it needs is a skull hood ornament with eyes that light up.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Big John said:
I think it makes Year One look like JC Whitney. All it needs is a skull hood ornament with eyes that light up.

You completely forgot the "dingleberries" hanging from the windshield frame and the curb feelers...

:jester:

Back