• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Life is good !

69383RR

Reaction score
Good news ! good news ! good news ! The mopar man came over today and went through the electrical system . Back and forth , back and forth he went between the big book and the wires on the fire wall. It was such a simple fix , I'm so happy I could punch a small person ! Fires right up , shuts right down . NO BACK FIRING ! Life is good once again . I want to thank everyone for there input , now its miller time X 2 ! :drive:

Last edited:

69383RR

Reaction score
I will post what he did in detail tomorrow , right now I just want to shower and relax a bit .

inri

Reaction score
Good news ! good news ! good news ! The mopar man came over today and went through the electrical system . Back and forth , back and forth he went between the big book and the wires on the fire wall. It was such a simple fix , I'm so happy I could kick and punch a baby ! Fires right up , shuts right down . NO BACK FIRING ! Life is good once again . I want to thank everyone for there input , now its miller time X 2 ! :drive:

Sahweet! Congrats :)

inri

Reaction score
we're going to need some video, preferably in HD to confirm all of this :jester:

69383RR

Reaction score
So if you remember , we had a little problem with the ignition switch , engine
would only start in the run position not the start position ,and we had some backfiring as well . We also burned out a couple modules in the Unilight distributor ,our wiring was off a little at the fire wall connection , I guess when it comes to wiring you can't be off a little . So anyway , this guy comes over to the house that knows mopars inside and out and before long the problem was solved. Here's the funny thing , If I would have just taken the time to read moparmunk's post a little closer and follow his instructions, I could have solved the problem myself . Here's what we did and it matches moparmunk's post word for word . Q terminal to + side of coil , N terminal to ballast resistor , ballast resistor to + side of coil . That's it , simple as that , problem solved . Thank you guys , especially moparmunk , he really knows his stuff.

moparmonk

Reaction score
Thanks for the Kind Words fellow Runner-mate! I didn't share that cause I was bored ya know! I shared it cause I have been there!!! I could not for the life of me figure out why it would fire and run with the starter spinning but not in the run position. I actually had a friend steer me through that too, but after reading the FSM of what the ballast resistor does, it seemed so simple. Now if I can only figure out how to post a damn picture of my car on a website! Proud of ya man! Lay a stripe (or hopefully two) for me!! Great Job!

69383RR

Reaction score
Go to the introduction page and click on "how to post photos and videos" follow Big Johns instructions . I set up an account with Photo Bucket as suggested . Yes it took some time and patience but look at the large sharp pictures I've posted . I would try to walk you through it but I think you're better off following their instructions . You're a pretty swift fellow you'll figure it out . So get to it so we can check out your roadrunner .

Last edited:

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
Thank you for the edit.

Back