• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

lifters

mac

What ?
Reaction score
ok update. here is a pic of what i am working with. the one on the left is what i took out and the one on the right is a brand new comp lifter.
20160915_172449_zpszjmuaurb.jpg

a few years ago when i bought the lifters from summit which is a mopar performance piece was this number https://www.summitracing.com/parts/dcc-4006767ab/overview/

that pic does not seem to match what i have. my own fault for not catching it but it seems to be for a different application. the new lifter is https://www.summitracing.com/parts/cca-822-16/overview/make/dodge. which appears to be more correct. does this look like it makes more sense?

quikbird

Reaction score
They do change over time as most manufacturers " improve" them. Sometimes that means a new set of pushrods. I now have three sets on the shelf because of this.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
That oil groove doesn't allow much exposure to the oil gallery on the old one. What does the bottom look like Mac, can you get a pic with a reflection that would show the wear pattern?

Last edited:

mac

What ?
Reaction score
That oil groove doesn't allow much exposure to the oil gallery on the old one. What does the bottom look like Mac, can you get a pic with a reflection that would show the wear pattern?

actually it was wearing very well. you could tell it was rotating as was all of them. you nailed it with the oil galley. that was what i was hoping someone else would have noticed it. looking at other websites that may be a lifter for old big blocks like in the 1950's.

Back