• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Light Argent paint

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
:huh: Is the light argent used on the tail light bezels just a dull aluminum or has it got texture in it?

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
my originals have a light texture to them. not as much as the grill does.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
:huh: Is the light argent used on the tail light bezels just a dull aluminum or has it got texture in it?
I think you can see it here Bob. This is from the set I got from BE@A last summer.

mac

What ?
Reaction score
Roadcuda said:
69hemibeep said:
I think you can see it here Bob. This is from the set I got from BE@A last summer.

i might just add the to my carlisle list. if you don't mind, how much did it set you back for them?

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Roadcuda said:
69hemibeep said:
I know the pot metal had dimples in it but that sure looks textured :thumbsup:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
mac said:
Roadcuda said:
69hemibeep said:

i might just add the to my carlisle list. if you don't mind, how much did it set you back for them?
They were $295 (and still are,) :thumbsup: delivered and picked up at Carlisle.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Steve, IIRC these repops from B/E & A required some massaging to fit; can you refresh my memory please? Thanks!

Ray

Roadcuda

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
Steve, IIRC these repops from B/E & A required some massaging to fit; can you refresh my memory please? Thanks!

Ray
That they did Ray. They were slightly smaller then the originals, so there is more space between them and the tail light opening. It's not a lot, but is noticeable. The biggest problem was, at least for the pair I have, was getting them flush with the body work. When I tightened them in, some areas of them pulled in more then other parts did. I think I had to add some washers behind each mounting screw to prevent it from pulling in too far. The tricky part was adding the right amount of washers to keep it even all the way around.

mac

What ?
Reaction score
Roadcuda said:
ACME A12 said:

Ray
That they did Ray. They were slightly smaller then the originals, so there is more space between them and the tail light opening. It's not a lot, but is noticeable. The biggest problem was, at least for the pair I have, was getting them flush with the body work. When I tightened them in, some areas of them pulled in more then other parts did. I think I had to add some washers behind each mounting screw to prevent it from pulling in too far. The tricky part was adding the right amount of washers to keep it even all the way around.

what he said. i have the exact same situation

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
This was an old thread, I ended up rechromed and got the paint from Totally Auto.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
This was an old thread, I ended up rechromed and got the paint from Totally Auto.

I was contemplating how best to handle this...will probably just do the same...

Back