• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Living the dream!

JAustin78

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,
My name is Jared from TN and I just bought my dream car. It needs some work but very excited to have it sitting in the garage. Let ya'll know what little info I have on the car is it has been off the road for a good while, it currently has a 383 out of a 68 RR ( i have the original block), has original 727 in it. I think it has the original rear end but no sure grip (thought sure grip was standard option in the road runner?) Anyway happy to be here and will probably have a lot of questions down the road.

IMAG0277.jpg

IMAG0280.jpg

IMAG0284.jpg

IMAG0282.jpg

IMAG0293.jpg

droptop

Reaction score
Welcome from Southern Indiana. Caution, that blue over green fender tag is going to stir things up a bit. :yesnod:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Welcome from CT Jared! Looks like a pretty solid car you got there. :thumbsup: And Harold, why would you say such a thing? :jester:

abodybill

Senior Citizen Member
Reaction score
Welcome from michigan.

Yep you have anice car to start on :thumbsup:

You plan on putting the F8 Green back on the car?

Runners look so perrrrrty in the Green :yesnod: :lol:

Not all runners came with the suregrip in them as mine had a 2.76 one legger when I got it.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Good start. What makes you think you have a 68 motor? 68 castings were used in 69, just curious :thumbsup: And welcome

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
Oh and like rock paper scissors, blue always tops green :jester:

Welcome aboard, Jared! :cheers:

Pay careful attention to what hemibeep tells you about RR colors...he's kind of like the Road Runner Yoda around here...regardless of what the green false prophets will tell you... :basketcase:

:jester:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
69hemibeep said:
Oh and like rock paper scissors, blue always tops green :jester:

Welcome aboard, Jared! :cheers:

Pay careful attention to what hemibeep tells you about RR colors...he's kind of like the Road Runner Yoda around here...regardless of what the green false prophets will tell you... :basketcase:

:jester:
:blah: :blah: :blah: :jester:

mcmopar

Reaction score
Welcome Jared, nice find!
"Pay careful attention to what hemibeep tells you about RR colors...he's kind of like the Road Runner Yoda around here...regardless of what the green false prophets will tell you... "
That's pretty funny Ray - especially since Yoda is...GREEN! :crazy:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
mcmopar said:
Welcome Jared, nice find!
"Pay careful attention to what hemibeep tells you about RR colors...he's kind of like the Road Runner Yoda around here...regardless of what the green false prophets will tell you... "
That's pretty funny Ray - especially since Yoda is...GREEN! :crazy:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

JAustin78

Reaction score
I will probably change it back to green, I really like the green look. It was painted blue in the late 70's. I was told the 383 was out of a 68 road runner so I do not know for sure. Previous owner had a bunch of mopars sitting around and parts so it seemed likely. I will post some of the pics I took of the cars he had. One question, was the sequence number stamped on the top of radiator? Thanks for the warm welcome!

Back