• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lokar trans dipstick

metalstorm

Reaction score
I got the 727 version and it hit the floorboard/firewall so I got the short TH350 spare short tube to plug the main tube into so the only draw back I was told is it will spill fluid if disconnected and I am fine with that having to drain some before removal.The short plug is a 1208142.I will let you know how it works out.

metalstorm

Reaction score
I got it in and filled so wait n see if it leaks.there is an o ring in there so it should work.notice the floor seam that could be made flat but it worked as is.
lokr4_zpseb764690.jpg
I had a minute hit on the pan with the tube so I cut it at pan lip and it bolted rite on.
so now I need to cut to length the dipstick and will be done aside from the firewall mount screws at the top.

lokr3_zps77c324b2.jpg

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
good luck. got any recent pics of this beast? :popcorn:

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
GOOD TO SEE YOU GOT THAT FIGURED OUT.....LOOKS LIKE YOUR TRANS SHIELD STRAP ALMOST BURNED UP......TOOK MINE OFF

metalstorm

Reaction score
george68hemirr said:
GOOD TO SEE YOU GOT THAT FIGURED OUT.....LOOKS LIKE YOUR TRANS SHIELD STRAP ALMOST BURNED UP......TOOK MINE OFF
That burn is on the blanket itself and a main reason for fender exit headers.I have the headers off welding tube tabs on for the collector to bolt to but I have last months pis of it all together.
frntnewengin_zps8ceb8a6c.jpg
newdrside_zpsb9d90985.jpg

george68hemirr

Reaction score
hows that carb linkage working for ya......i dont give a shit what i did......the gas pedal was always tuff flooring it until i went with 2 throttle cables to the gas pedal.and to the carbs......man did that work like a charm

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
holy crap howinna hell do you see past that!!

george68hemirr

Reaction score
metalstorm said:
Ya it is hard!How the heck did you run 2 cables?I don't mind it being hard as long as it works.
i made a small plate for the 2 cables to mount to behind the firewall by the gas pedal.....then ran each cable to each dominator......i will take some pics tomorrow and post them so you can see what i did
awesome video :thumbsup:

metalstorm

Reaction score
pics would be cool!By the way that vid is with factory iron heads last yr not the new victors.I should be in the 9.0's 150 ish.

george68hemirr

Reaction score
dual throttle pics[attachment=1:20akzutc]DSC00239.JPG[/attachment:20akzutc][attachment=0]DSC00241.JPG

yeah....theres enough weld on there.... :lmao:

DSC00239.JPG

DSC00241.JPG

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
knowing what was on the other end of those cables....that 's not the time to be cheap on the welds.... :eek:

metalstorm

Reaction score
Thanks for the pics!If you ever need a replacement cable you cane use a bicycle brake cabe for under 3$ at the store or off your bike,hahaha.;)do you have the pic at the carb connection or do you just run 2 brackets there?

george68hemirr

Reaction score
metalstorm said:
Thanks for the pics!If you ever need a replacement cable you cane use a bicycle brake cabe for under 3$ at the store or off your bike,hahaha.;)do you have the pic at the carb connection or do you just run 2 brackets there?
sorry......no pics there......i just did up brackets for each carb......you will not believe how easy the gas pedal works after this

metalstorm

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing the tips,pics!I wont have my car running untel monday after I go to the NHRA at Norwalk this weekend.

Back