• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

look out the epa is comming

V.R.D

Reaction score
the e p a wants to make it so if you replaced your engine they can either pick the emissions for the year of either to fail the emissions for they year of said component i.e year of car or year of engine it is so they can keep your car from getting a plate to drive on the road.

V.R.D

Reaction score
if we don't stand together they will take us off the road :mad::mad:

i know it talks about tuners but they lump us all as one .

most pre 70 cars need a p.c.v. valve and breather to air cleaner.

71 and up if you have remover the fuel vapor emissions they will make you reinstall if you have to have a e.g.r valve they want it on there and it will be tested to make sure it works.

Last edited:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
I thought maybe you had a link missing in the first post. Yes Ive read this, California and a couple others want to prosecute for altering a car or even working on it.

V.R.D

Reaction score
I thought maybe you had a link missing in the first post. Yes Ive read this, California and a couple others want to prosecute for altering a car or even working on it.
yes that is the point the e p a is out of hand and i don't need them to tell me how or what to do to my car that i paid for. . click on the post and it will come up

RonLiv

Reaction score
Wouldn't be a problem in PA as if you qualify and have a classic or antique tag, it is not subject to emissions or annual inspection.

V.R.D

Reaction score
Wouldn't be a problem in PA as if you qualify and have a classic or antique tag, it is not subject to emissions or annual inspection.
ok you tell the e.p.a inspector that ans see how that goes.

RonLiv

Reaction score
ok you tell the e.p.a inspector that ans see how that goes.
Unless the State changes it's posture, registration, emissions and inspection are under State law. My car is exempt, again by State law. The EPA has no jurisdiction. That also could change as PA is currently controlled by Liberal/Progressive politicians. Now if I decided put a diesel engine in my Road Runner that might be a different story.

RonLiv

Reaction score

PENNSYLVANIA​

Pennsylvania requires gasoline powered cars, vans and light-duty trucks (9,000 lbs. or less gross vehicle weight), with a model year 1975 and newer to undergo emissions inspections annually the counties of Allegheny, Beaver, Berks, Blair, Bucks, Cambria, Centre, Chester, Cumberland, Dauphin, Delaware, Erie, Lackawanna, Lancaster, Lebanon, Lehigh, Luzerne, Lycoming, Mercer, Montgomery, Northampton, Philadelphia, Washington, Westmoreland and York. The emissions inspection is to be completed before or with the annual safety inspection.
Diesel Vehicles:
Diesel vehicles are not tested for emissions.
Exemptions:
1. New vehicles with less than 5,000 miles on the odometer is exempt for one year after the first registration.
2. Any vehicle driven fewer than 5,000 miles during the 12-month period immediately preceding the inspection.
2. Pre-1975 model year vehicles
3. Vehicles with a GVWR of more than 9,000 lbs
4. Vehicles registered as classics, antiques, collectibles, street rods, and specially constructed.
For more information visit: http://www.drivecleanpa.state.pa.us

Rapid Transit

Just A Traveler In Time
Reaction score
Because cars made before 1975 are such a big problem, pollution wise.
What I suspect is that the primary focus is on later model rice burners.
And real antique cars are simply getting caught up in the drag net.
Then again, after "they" went Clash For Clunkers I suppose it may be a form of CDS.
(Not to be confused with TDS).

torredcuda

Reaction score
New Hampshire only does emissions on OBDII cars and light trucks so my Barracuda and Ram 2500 only get safety inspections - Ram yearly, Barracuda every other year with antique plates.

torredcuda

Reaction score
I think the states are allowed to make thier own emission laws, not sure how much the EPA is involved in that. The new crackdown sounds like it is directed towards aftermarket companies that offer modifications to newer vehicles.

RonLiv

Reaction score
I think the states are allowed to make thier own emission laws, not sure how much the EPA is involved in that. The new crackdown sounds like it is directed towards aftermarket companies that offer modifications to newer vehicles.
I agree

s/theo

Reaction score
Everything bad, Government related, starts in California first. No wonder people keep leaving such a beautiful place.

Back