• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for a new radiator

Rapid Transit

Just A Traveler In Time
Reaction score
Local recore of the original 22 inch radiator.

IMG_20130712_133610 (Large).jpg IMG_20130712_100602 (Large).jpg IMG_20130712_100620 (Large).jpg
The car has 39 thousand on it.
Matching numbers.
Radiator and fan never out of the car.
I believe the assembly line must have put whatever fasteners they had since radiator frame was missing the welded square nuts on the passenger's side.
St. Louis car.
They were really throwing these things together.
Not a lot of paint.
And it has the trans cooler fitting even though it is a 4 speed car.
What ever fits, I guess.
Drivers top.jpg Driver bottom.jpg
Passenger top (Large).jpg passengers bottom.jpg Fasteners.jpg

Regarding OER.
This is the Road Runner radiator next to a 67 B body big block OER radiator.
I THINK OER is not the manufacture.
It was about 3 or 4 years ago when I bought from Classic.
I had to change the bottom outlet locally since it was the wrong size.
But Classic treated me right about the radiator.

OER (Large).jpg

IMG_20130712_103928.jpg

Last edited:

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Got mine straight through OER. Every thing look's pretty much the same. I sure hope it fit's like it is suppose to. :thumbsup2:

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Got my kick panel's from classic industries and guess what the bag had OER on them. Could have ordered straight from them. :BangHead:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
I've had nothing but trouble with most of OER's stuff. I did put a customer supplied OER collapsible can on a challenger steering column and it fit for a change.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
So if Classic is sending out stuff from other vendor's then they are adding a percentage to the cost of the product. Plus I wonder if it is shipped to them then they ship it to us. I know OER is in Ca also. These parts cost enough with out adding another 10 percent to the cost. It is nice to have the classic book and be able to view the part's. They are slow in getting the part's to you. Try to buy ting's on the East coast where I live seem to get the part's with in a few day's. Not over a week waiting for the part's. Summit racing has been good at getting things to me in a few day's if not the next day with out express shipping. Part's mix ships the same day and come US mail and get the parts with in a few day's. I do try to order part's week's in advance but sometimes find a part I need pretty quick. Just a few thought's on buying parts and getting them as quick as we can. Russ.

quikbird

Reaction score
Most of these parts mfgrs have a part of their contract that they can only sell at full retail to the public. resellers can buy at wholesale and do not have to mark all the way up to retail if they want to have a sale. many take the order and the part ships from the manufacturer, they never see or touch it.

Back