• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for advice

the longhair

Reaction score
Does anyone have ideas about starting a cruise night? I live in a small community (less than 3000 people) but I would like to get one started. Any advise would help. Thanks,

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
never done one myself but just a few thoughts...
got any fast foods/church etc wlth a nlce parking lot that would be willing to host?
have enough people to help you clean up the aftermath lf needed?
lf you have a DJ...tell'm to NOT turn the music up loud enough to be heard ln the next county. one of the top reasons l don't do many
lf you flnd a place to have lt. be easy enough to get the word out. flyers on Grocery store bulliton boards local parts stores etc.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Dave has some good ideas. Here's what the guy who runs the cruise I go to did to get it started. As Dave suggested, he found a fast food joint on a busy road in the area that has a split parking area where show cars can be kept separate form the regular restaurant traffic. he set up a meeting with the food joint management, and someone from the local Police dept to explain his ideas on how it would be run. "NO BURNOUTS," was a big thing. I've been going for 6 years now and there have been any serious problems there. The cops will drive through once in a while, but they have never bothered us. There is no DJ at this cruise. The road this cruise is on was known back when these cars where new for a lot of light to light racing, with guys stopping at the food joints to shoot the breeze about their cars and anything else. That's the idea behind this cruise-in. You stop by to show off your car, get some food, hang around to shoot the breeze and head on home when you want to. This cruise is run by a Mopar guy so they get feature parking, but it is open to all makes. Each week a different model of mopar is featured, could be six-pack cars one week, hemi's another, cuda's another, you get the idea. Hope this helps.

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
like said a popular place/no burnouts......a dj really helps but not too loud...there has to be food and soda...maybe give out 3 trophys per cruise......get sponsers to pay for small trophys with the sponsors name on them which helps advertise there business and get donations like car wash/wax/tire shine....etc...you can even start a 50/50 which helps buy the giveaways....this makes the cruise cool and words gets out.......all this works

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
george68hemirr said:
like said a popular place/no burnouts......

:basketcase: when's the last tlme you looked at your avaitar...... :D

4spd69RR

Reaction score
Find a local resturant that would not mind hosting a cruise in. Talk with the manager and suggest that hosting the cruise in the collection of vehicles could draw in additional customers. Send out flyers to other car clubs in the area to promote the cruise in.

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
Basketcase said:
george68hemirr said:
like said a popular place/no burnouts......

:basketcase: when's the last tlme you looked at your avaitar...... :D
what did my father say.....DO AS I SAY AND NOT TO DO WHAT I DO..... :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Back