• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for my old 69 Road Runner

05harley

Reaction score
I am searching for a 1969 Road Runner I used to own back in the early 70's (my first real car)---it is a dark green car with black vinyl top, all black interior with bucket seats and console, 383 with 4 speed, factory a/c, am/fm, magnum 500's-----I traded the car into the chrysler dealer in Kingsport, Tenn in the fall of 1974---it was seen in Johnson City, Tn some months after that-----then I have been told it was sold at a swap meet in Clay City, Ky about 8 to 10 years ago to a person from Florida who planned to restore it to original---it is said the car had a couple of repaired dents in primer, one over the driver side rear wheel and one on the pass side door---it also may have had black steel wheels on the rear and 500's on front----This history is word of mouth stuff from other people so not 100% sure if it represents my car but is the best I have at the moment---If this car strikes a memory from anyone out there, I would be truley grateful for any info you can pass along-----I would like to get reunited with the car or at least find where it currently resides and put my name in the hat to be the next buyer----the picture is of a car with the same color scheme but is not my car-Sincerely---Randy 252 414 3534 69 RR.jpg

69 RR.jpg

Last edited:

RoadRunnerJD

Reaction score
A 4 speed 69 Roadrunner with a/c is my dream car! I looked for years and finally had to settle on a 340S Barracuda B5 blue fastback 4 speed with a/c. I'm still working on the resto but would get rid of it in a minute if the right Roadrunner came up!

05harley

Reaction score
I heard that---my dumb mistake was trading my car in the first place----just young and dumb but could have sat it on blocks in the barn-----if only I could turn back the hands of time!!

Roadcuda

Reaction score
I heard that---my dumb mistake was trading my car in the first place----just young and dumb but could have sat it on blocks in the barn-----if only I could turn back the hands of time!!

There are times I wish I did that with my first '69 Road runner that I had in the early 70's. But I had it during the first gas crunch and it was just a car then so I sold it. They guy who bought it totaled it about 3 months later. :brickwall:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
yeah we'veall done that. My first '69 had sat for 10 years when i got it. factory tach,air grabber,painted roof (didn't know about those till after the car was gone). Had a tired 440,727,3.91 SG. Would chirp the tires on second. Had a baby come four months premature,and I already had a '68 R/T, so the runner was sold. Should have kept the runner, only had two small holes n the whole body.

RoadRunnerJD

Reaction score
There was a white 69 4 speed Coupe at Carlisle in the showfield about 5 years ago or so. He had just got it finished so it wasn't for sale. He was from upstate NY. It had red sport side stripes, hood blackout, black vinyl top, a/c, road wheels, and bucket seats. The only thing not original on the car was the bucket seats but everything else was on the fender tag. He had aftermarket a/c but the car was originally an a/c, 4 speed coupe. Pretty rare combo. Never seen it at Carlisle since then. I'd love to have it! The black hood treatment and vinyl roof looked fantastic with the red sport stripes on that white car.

05harley

Reaction score
you guys are making me drool----thanks for sharing the stories----------I traded my car because I got (2) speeding tickets and a loud muffler ticket the week before-----guess I was a little "wild" in those days and I figured the law had my number------traded for a 74 Gold Duster with 318/auto--------what a drastic change that turned out to be---

Budnicks

I will apologize to everyone in advance
Reaction score
Great looking RR I hope you find her... try a DMV search, if you have any of the Vin# license or registration or buyers name etc.

Back