• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lost a good friend

droptop

Reaction score
We lost our Holly Friday morning about 6:30 am. She had diabetes and slipped away. We did not find out until it was to late. The damage had been done. It just amazes me how attached we become to our pets. I am going to share a few pictures, I hope no one minds.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
I'm so sorry to hear this. Our pets do become a part of the family and it's difficult when something happens to them. DAMHIK

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that. :sada: :sada:

Dogs get to be part of our life and there's a big empty spot when they are gone.

John69RR

Reaction score
Sorry for your loss. We are dog owners also and yes there is a void when their time comes. :sada:

mcmopar

Reaction score
We lost our Lil' Bit some years ago. She was 16. Now we have Buddy and Sammy and we couldn't imagine being without them. So sorry to hear your friend is gone.

mac

What ?
Reaction score
sorry for your loss. my brother inlaw just found out about 2 weeks ago that their yellow lab has diabetes. he is now giving their dog insulin shots everyday.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
yeah it's amazing how a dumb animal can worm their way into your lives. sorry for your loss. there's a couple cats around here that are going to leave a big void when their time comes. :sada:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My condolences. I always hate to hear of anyone losing one of their fur children.

Ray

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
sorry for your loss....its like losing a member of the family...we had our cat die and an hour later the best dog we had died also...heart attack or something....the wife was trying mouth to mouth but that didnt work...i said to her as we were crying ....what the hell are you doing....we lost him.....really sad....we ended up getting another dog but we can never replace our rusty

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
We lost my Rottie, Rocko, to bone cancer a few years ago. He was the best dog I ever had.

Rocko202005.jpg

droptop

Reaction score
She was only 7 1/2 years old. She was the sweetest dog we have ever had. Don't know who said it, but the "unconditional love" says it all.

A co-worker was trying to make me feel better today, and told me this little gem.
"Do you know how to find out who loves you more, your dog or your wife? Lock them both in the trunk of your car for an hour and see witch one of them is glad to see you when you open the lid."

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
droptop said:
"Do you know how to find out who loves you more, your dog or your wife? Lock them both in the trunk of your car for an hour and see witch one of them is glad to see you when you open the lid."

No contest...and there isn't a man alive stupid enough to lock the better half in the trunk...

But a good analagy none the less...

:jester:

Back