• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lost/Looking for my Uncle's 69 Bahama Yellow Road runner

Camsdad

Reaction score
Hello everyone, My name is Hagan and I live near Daytona Beach,Fl and I am new to the RR Forum.

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I am looking for a LOST 69 RR. My uncle in 1969 bought the RR new when he returned home from the service, but traded it back in about a year later for a pickup so he could move his family to Florida to start a business with his dad. He does not have any paperwork on the car(so I don't have a vin), but is was BAHAMA YELLOW, black stripes on the hood, with a 383 and a 4 speed. It had black interior, buckets with console I believe, no air, no power steering or power brakes. He purchased and traded the car in at JB DELANEY Dodge Plymouth Dealer in Falmouth,Ky. He remembers hearing that a lady(unknown age or name) from Cynthiana,Ky purchased the RR from said Dealer in 1970'ish and that was the last information he had. I remember as a kid, riding with him and shifting the gears. Now that I have Mopars myself we talk and he reminices about his old RR. I would like to try and locate this car if it still exists, buy it, restore it or at least put it on a trailer and take it to him so he can sit in it, drive it before he is gone. I am not saying he is ill or anything and I hope he is around for a very long time, but he is over 70 and I would like to get the car back in the family and have him enjoy it again. I know there is not much to go on, but I know that Mopar owners like to know the history of their cars, so if anyone out there can help or knows of a RR matching the description with original owner purchasing from above dealer or from the 2nd owner in Cynthiana please let me know. I thank you in advance.

Camsdad

Reaction score
I know it will be hard, but I thought that maybe someone may have heard a story of someone having a car like that in the area back then.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
you never know. spread the word here,FBBO,moparts....

inri

Reaction score
I know it will be hard, but I thought that maybe someone may have heard a story of someone having a car like that in the area back then.

I hope you can locate your Dad's old RR. It's going to require alot, ALOT of work though. After all these years the car could be anywhere (outside the US), in a junk yard crushed ( i hope not), or transformed into a radical strip car or etc....

If you can find some old documentation of the car, old insurance forms, registration, or the like you may hit the ground running.

Good Luck!

Camsdad

Reaction score
I know it will be hard. However I found out that a guy I work with is from Cynthiana, with family and friends still there, who may know some Mopar owners. Plus I found out that a friend from Falmouth, has a relative that owns one of the insurance companies there, which may have been my uncle's insurance way back when. I gotem workin on it.....

Back