• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lost my little Buddy today...

mcmopar

Reaction score
Christmas 09 006 Buddy.jpg
My little boy lost his battle for life today at around 4:30 PM. We had to let him go on to eternity. It was one of the hardest decisions I've had to make in awhile. He was suffering from collapsing bronchii which made it extremely difficult for him to breathe. We did all we could. My kitchen counter looks like a drugstore, he was on so many meds. We had him nearly 12 years. I really miss him right now...:sorrow::sorrow::sorrow:

Christmas 09 006 Buddy.jpg

69B5

Reaction score
You have my condolences
It's all ways hard to lose a friend

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
Sorry to hear this. Dogs are part of the family and losing one is hard.

3BIRDS1X

Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear, it's sad making the right decision and not easy but I'm sure you did the right thing.

jays69bird

Reaction score
I had to put my Chelsea down a couple of years ago,right before Christmas,very hard to do.

inri

Reaction score
I'm sorry for your loss. My peace I give to you.

abodybill

Senior Citizen Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear this John and I know what you are going thru as I lost one of mine 7 months ago and still miss her.

They become so close to us that they just keep giving and giving no matter what we say or scold them about.

jerrysdustydog

Reaction score
So sorry for your loss. It is the hardest thing a "dog person" will ever have to do. I've been through it, and going to go through it soon also, my 13 year old Border Collie (dusty) is failing, and I sure dread the future. I hope your memories will get you through this tough time. 1260.jpg

1260.jpg

earlyrides

Reaction score
But I wouldnt trade all of the years of love if I had to do it all over

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.

There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.

There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor.

Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.

The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance.

His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again.

The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

When we our Cheesie, "Rusty" down I was devistated.
Someone gave me this and it made me cry and feel better at the same time.
My heart goes out to you.

rusty peoples.jpg

mcmopar

Reaction score
Thanks guys. Jerry, my heart goes out to you. Buddy went through a long decline and even though I thought I was ready for his departure I sure wasn't. Just make sure to spend as much time with Dusty as you can and have a lot of patience with him. I wish I had been better to Buddy at the end and I've had to say my "I'm sorry's" to him over and over again. I guess I'm so broke up over him because he was precious to me. He wasn't just a companion - he was much more than that. He was a pal closer than any other. Be as good to Dusty as you can in these final days/months becasue you can't have them back. And on the day ypou decide to send him on make it a bright and beautiful day and make it the best day of his life. At least I can say that's what I did for Buddy. I gave him the best day he'd had in a long, long time. He deserved it.

Vince, that's a great story. I could see it in my mind as I was reading that. Buddy used to just tear it up to get to me or my wife when he saw us a ways off. He always loved to run and play.

Last edited:

jerrysdustydog

Reaction score
It is said, that God gives us no more than we can handle. It's also said that with any great loss we grow stronger. I've had two great losses, a 14 year old cow dog some 17 years ago that I thought I would never get over, then after several years, took on 'Dusty', which I will never regret. I lost my soul mate a couple of years ago and again I felt like I could just 'pass over' at will, I felt so down and so lost. I chose to stay to take care of my boy for he would be so lost without me. Not looking forward to this, and hope you find peace and another partner that will make you complete. All true dog guys need a 'one man dog' if you want to call it that. It makes us complete, it makes us tolerate this place while we are here, and at times gives us the strength to go on each day. There have been many inspirational quotes by dog lovers, but I leave you with my favorite one.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went."
—Will Rogers

Budnicks

I will apologize to everyone in advance
Reaction score
May your little friend RIP... I'm so sorry to hear that, I'm a die hard dog guy too, my Lord Budnicks aka Buddy is going to be 16 y/o May 23rd, I've had a dog ever since I was born, one form or other... I'm on my 5th Lab :beep:

Buddy #6 12-20-2013.jpg

68 RR #16 Apr 26 2011 Buddy #1.jpg

Back