• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Love bug season

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Well it is that time of year here in Fla. Those darn love bugs are back. Cover the windshield and the car when driving. Don't know what they have in their bodies, but they stick better than glue. They adverse effect on paint and need to get them off as quick as possible. Dryer sheets seem to get them off better than anything I have found. Not much we can do about them so just have to tough it out. Any ideas on what you are doing for them would be appreciated. I mean like what you do to get them off or something you put on the car before driving, to help save the paint. :rolleyes:

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
I have a windshield. LOL, they do not tase very good. :steering:Thought of adding a window screen to the front of my rad. But don't know how that would affect the heat buildup on the motor. Do have that A/C condensing coils up there also. Any thoughts on that.

TOMRR

Reaction score
Russ, I have been using this for years. Seems to make the surface very slippery and the bugs just wipe off a lot easier.
Tomrr

71lW2pYw4IL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:

Jack R

Reaction score
The bugs when on a bike is nasty. I hit a swarm of bees here in Az about 10 years ago. Still not over it.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
That is funny. But if you have ever put up with these nasty little bugs then you would understand what a mess they make out of your vehicles. Wish they would find a way to get rid of them. They like carbon dioxide. That is why they group around highways and roads. Or if you're out running the lawn mower, they will crawl all over you. So just have to put up with them and drive the runner. LOL.

RonLiv

Reaction score
Get a piece of screen like from your windows/screen door in the house. Attached just inside the hood behind the grill and in front of the rad. Keeps the critters out of your radiator. Learned that trick from Rick, thank you very much

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
We have done that and appreciate the hint. Just was afraid of overheating due to the A/C condenser is blocking some of the air for the radiator. But just might take the chance and put one in. Will keep an eye on the temp. Gauge. :thumbsup2:

RonLiv

Reaction score
We have done that and appreciate the hint. Just was afraid of overheating due to the A/C condenser is blocking some of the air for the radiator. But just might take the chance and put one in. Will keep an eye on the temp. Gauge. :thumbsup2:
I don't have to worry about the AC, I just drop the top. :beep:

Back