• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

lower dash pad/ switch panel

mjoyner408

Reaction score
how does this come out exactly... do you take just the switch panel out or does the pad come off as well? the OO hacked in a stereo and amp meter that need out. i am also installing two autometer gauges under the dash so i want to clean all this stuff up at once. i looked around a found some threads but they were not real clear.

here is a pic that i lifted from a thread...
file.php

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
I was going to say that looks good :lmao: You need to unplug the switches take the front screws out and start prying on the right side because its rounded when that moves go to the left!

mjoyner408

Reaction score
yeah, nice build by the way! so you have to unplug the switches prior to pulling the panel out? i figured there was enough slack to get the panel out then unplug them. i can get the bottom to pry out a little bit but the top is almost covered by the pad. i can move the pad back but the panel seems a little, well old and brittle. man, looks like my... "pull out, fix and install in a hour or so" just turned into a major project.

here is another... i unpluged the head light switch. well, the batt is dead so it icharging but i connected the meter to the pos cable and all 4 wires on the plug show the connect to the batt... how is that? i was tring to distinguish the head lights from the park lights.

dobie

Reaction score
Life is made much easier by removing the lower dash pad first. Then you have a little bit of room to work with. You have to unplug the harnesses first before pulling out the panel.

Now on mine, well, I've taken mine in and out so much lately that my lower dash pad is barely hanging on. I have enough slack to push/pull mine out without totally removing the pad.

mjoyner408

Reaction score
it looks like the pad is glued on... do you have any pics of yours while it is out?

moparstuart

Reaction score
mjoyner408 said:
it looks like the pad is glued on... do you have any pics of yours while it is out?
As the pads get older they swell , the panel will come out you just need to work at it .

in my opionion the worst part is getting all those little knuckle busting 1/2 nuts off they hide all over back there that hold the lower pad to the dash carrier . Pull your ash tray assemble out completely and maybe even your radio . :rolleyes:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
If your going to remove the lower dash pad there are speed nuts that go all the way past the radio to get it out! And yes Gary that is grass not cactus :D

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
If your going to remove the lower dash pad there are speed nuts that go all the way past the radio to get it out! And yes Gary that is grass not cactus :D
What did you do, go to the golf course to take pictures........ :lol:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
moparstuart said:
Hoosier Bird said:
69hemibeep said:
What did you do, go to the golf course to take pictures........ :lol:

he laid down astro turf :jester: :jester: :jester:

Nope that's got to be grass...where he lives Astro-Turf would melt in direct sunlight... :lol:

moparstuart

Reaction score
id down astro turf :jester: :jester: :jester:[/quote]

Nope that's got to be grass...where he lives Astro-Turf would melt in direct sunlight... :lol:[/quote]
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
It is the same as used at golf courses has to be cut with a different type of mower also. melt is the sun light :toetap:

Back